Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 625922 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2010, 12:21:56 pm »
Everybody out with their shovels and spades this morning - nothing like adversity to bring out the best in people, also sometimes it seems to bring out the worst as well!!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »
That patio table and chairs after lasts night's snowfall. The "hump" is still just there so another night like last night could see it levelled off.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2010, 06:27:39 pm »
Wow Bellringer! I've got about six inches on my garden furniture, you must have nearly a foot! Those chairs look really inviting with those thick "cushions" on them.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:51 pm »
Has anybody in Conwy had any post? I live on the marina and haven't seen the postie in a while. parcel delivery drivers have been in my close delivering flat-packs to my neighbour but no post. i wonder if royal mail health and safety has gone bonkers

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2010, 07:14:22 pm »
Wow Bellringer! I've got about six inches on my garden furniture, you must have nearly a foot! Those chairs look really inviting with those thick "cushions" on them.

Just stuck an old 12" ruler into the snow on the table and it records about 11". It isn't all from last night though.

Dwsi. I'm in Gyffin and no, we have had no post this week but having seen the thread "Royal Mail" we weren't expecting any perhaps. We had a delivery from Tesco Direct yesterday although in normal circumstances that should have arrived last Friday.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:25 pm »
Wow Bellringer! I've got about six inches on my garden furniture

Be careful of your neighbours Paddy.

The Police take a dim view of antics like that.  8)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »
Rather nippy again tonight. Our thermometer is currently reading -9C

Offline Trojan

« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »
Rather nippy again tonight. Our thermometer is currently reading -9C

Is this an indoor or outdoor one?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:27 pm »
An outdoor one. Fortunately things are warmer inside.

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2010, 08:37:50 am »
Does anyone know if the Conwy Christmas Eve parade etc will be happening this year? I've heard of councils cancelling outdoor celebrations in other parks of the country for safety reasons and was wondering if the same would be true here.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2010, 04:04:52 pm »
I'm sorry to say that the Conwy Chrsitmas Eve Parade has been cancelled.   :( :(

I had a phone call earlier form the Mayor Cllr Vicky MacDonald, who after visiting the sites with the Police and the Safety Officer, has been advised to cancel the event.

The have made the decision with a heavy heart because the know how much people look forward to the event and the fact that a lot of work has already be performed in the organisation of the event.

The Boxing Day Dip in Deganwy has also be cancelled, on the advice from the RNLI, due to the extremely low water temperatures.

I drove through Conwy this afternoon and the paths are treachorous, but so are the ice and snow on the roofs and guttering. Some of the icicles now forming do look very large and potentially unsafe.

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »
Yes, I just saw the signs placed around Conwy saying the event has been cancelled. Now I have to break the news to my nephew who was so looking forward to it. But better safe than sorry.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2010, 08:37:22 pm »
The Boxing Day Dip in Deganwy has also be cancelled, on the advice from the RNLI, due to the extremely low water temperatures.

I would suggest that the RNLI become a little more informed:

http://www.seafordweather.co.uk/wl/UKSeaTemp.htm

Sea temps are roughly the seasonal average at the moment.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:40 pm »
Never let the facts get in the way of weather related hysteria, Ian!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2010, 11:23:18 pm »

I drove through Conwy this afternoon and the paths are treachorous, but so are the ice and snow on the roofs and guttering. Some of the icicles now forming do look very large and potentially unsafe.

[/quote]

Jason I am most concerned that as an elected councillor, you confine your driving to the road... and not the paths!
Set an example man.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -