Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626041 times)

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #990 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:38 pm »
I was led to believe that it was because the plants that grow in their place absorb a similar amount of carbon that was released due to the burning. !
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #991 on: March 15, 2014, 08:34:00 am »
A process similar to sustainable foresting, in fact. Problem is the bio-fuel processes.  The EU has been pushing for plant-based fuels for vehicles for some time, but it's a highly inefficient process. To make it better, they're starting to genetically modify the bacteria used to produce the stuff, and that isn't a welcome move, really. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #992 on: March 17, 2014, 05:33:00 pm »
I notice over the weekend that the old shop/post office by the level crossing at Tal-y-Cafn  was being demolished - it did seem to have been empty for several years.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #993 on: March 17, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »
A shame, I liked it! I was told last year that it was owned by the people in the big new house behind and they didn't like the look of it! I preferred the older house!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #994 on: March 17, 2014, 10:20:59 pm »
A shame, I liked it! I was told last year that it was owned by the people in the big new house behind and they didn't like the look of it! I preferred the older house!

Me too. I'm amazed they got planning permission for that new place!
Valar Morghulis

Offline dwsi

« Reply #995 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »

Me too. I'm amazed they got planning permission for that new place!

Money talks? $hands$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #996 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:43 pm »
Here is a photo of the new Time Cafe Bar set to open tomorrow in  Conwy.  Much as I liked the Clemence it was very dilapidated and out dated.  Many times we sat there eating breakfast with buckets collecting drips next to our table.  The photo was on Facebook.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #997 on: March 18, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »
The new house behind the Old Post Office at Tal y Cafn was built on the site of the former Auction Mart, so it was redevelopment of a brownfield site rather than new build in the countryside.  I have heard locals were increasingly concerned at the unsightly appearance of the old PO.  Nice to see the old Tailor's shop there is still going - personal service and some stuff cheaper than you can buy on line.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #998 on: March 19, 2014, 04:20:04 pm »
   That little tailors shop in Tal y Cafn is a real blast from the past. Also, although I am not certain it is still there. About 2 miles away, on the left entering Tal y Bont is a butchers. Just the same as the tailors---set it what is really a glorified shed.

Offline Jack

« Reply #999 on: March 19, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »
That little butchers is still there Mike, has great quality meat too!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1000 on: March 19, 2014, 11:08:56 pm »
Angie, I look forward to giving that a try!   Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1001 on: April 12, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »
Bangor Road closed due to an incident near the entrance to Bodlondeb. Police and fire appliances in attendance.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1002 on: April 13, 2014, 08:11:17 pm »
Good to see that the Fountain in the Square has been restored to working order after many years of disuse:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1003 on: April 14, 2014, 01:45:57 pm »
Good to see that the Fountain in the Square has been restored to working order after many years of disuse:

I counted about £3.75 in loose change in the fountain (presumably chicked in by tourists)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1004 on: April 14, 2014, 11:25:42 pm »

I counted about £3.75 in loose change in the fountain (presumably chicked in by tourists)

Did you fish it out B2R?   Seeing as the darts subs has gone up AGAIN this week,  to £2.00!  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -