Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 625660 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #615 on: October 29, 2011, 02:40:23 pm »
Further examinations need to be carried out but my Dad reckons it could be victorian.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #616 on: November 12, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »
These photos were taken on the Conwy Food Fest weekend.  Our friends came down with the kids,  I'm a Godmother don't ya know  ;D  They had bought armbands for the day and this entitled them to get in Conwy castle half price.  The kids were given a little detective booklet to fill in with a pencil, the idea is based on true historical facts based around the story of Owain Glyndwr and how he tricked his way into seizing the castle.  You have to find various boards located with in the castle some of which are at the top of the turrets....typical.  When you have found all the clues you fill in the spaces and if correct you win a badge  $good$ It's an excellent idea.  While looking for the clues I took some photos of the people in their medieval costumes.  It's a shame they're not in the castle more often as the costumes, tents and furs draped over sticks really added to the atmosphere and the kids really enjoyed themselves.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #617 on: November 12, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »
A couple more photos from the day.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #618 on: November 12, 2011, 08:17:34 pm »
Sounds like an excellent day.  I do like the pictures of the "medieval" people in the castle.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #619 on: November 12, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »
it would draw the crowds in if it was done during the summer months don,t you think ?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #620 on: November 12, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
Yes it really would.  This sounds really cheesy but it really bought the castle to life....if you know what I mean  :D

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #621 on: November 12, 2011, 10:19:39 pm »
it would certainly make it more intresting for visitors, i walked around it last st Davids day but it was empty compaired to your photos, and it was free to go around it on that day.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #622 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:12 pm »
We all know if you pay to take the kids somewhere and they're bored stupid you will forever think that attraction is not worth the money.  These kids were between two and a half and eight, three of them and they had a wail of a time, so did I as not wanting to miss out I had my own booklet but I didn't collect my badge   :-X  Once kids have run up the steps seen the top, been shouted at for going to close to the edge, run up more steps again, they're bored...the little booklet coupled with the traditional costumes etc it just made the whole day more real to them which I thought was priceless.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #623 on: November 12, 2011, 10:51:33 pm »
I'm glad you had a great day out with them, i would be watching them like a hawk if they were to go up the towers, knowing my grandchildren they would be climbing on the guard rails with no thought of how dangerous it was, my wife would have kittens.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
They're lovely kids, they really are.  If they weren't I wouldn't have gone  :laugh:

Offline dwsi

« Reply #625 on: November 14, 2011, 01:51:30 am »
Sychnant Pass starring in the Sainsburys 2011 Christmas Ad

Sainsbury's Christmas ad

Sainsbury's panto horse antics

and Menai Bridge

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #626 on: November 14, 2011, 10:18:53 pm »
The Albion has a new facebook page  Albion Ale House.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #627 on: November 14, 2011, 10:20:20 pm »
The Albion has a new facebook page  Albion Ale House.

Eh?  Is it open?
I have been past a few times recently, it looks to be in darkness, and several broken windon panes?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #628 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:35 pm »
No it's not open yet but they plan (so I believe) to be opening  December.  There's a lot of work to be done but it's all in hand.  I went in last week and two fellas were there french polishing the bar.  I'm still hoping to catch Jonathan so I can take some photos.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #629 on: November 20, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »
We had a fantastic time last night in the Civic Hall in Conwy.  We bought tickets to go and see Courteous Theif, Pocket venus and Chris Helme from the Seahorses and The Yards..  Courteous Thief are friends of ours and my lad is their No1 fan so he was made up when we got 2 tickets for him and his mate too, the band has been on Radio Wales all last week as their new single was voted Radio Wales track of the week, I'm sure they will make it big time.  I've never seen Pocket Venus before and they were really good too, I think the band is from Llandudno.  I was blown away by Chris Helme though, I vaguely remember the Seahorses but this was the first time I saw Chris perform, he did an acoustic set and he was awesome.  $good$