Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 328597 times)

Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1380 on: January 13, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »
Just thought I would have a look at how the application for the new Coop on the old Billingtons Garage site was going, but it appears to have disappeared. The application 0/46933 registered 23/12/2019 isn't now on the CCBC Planning portal, does anyone know if it has been withdrawn?

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #1381 on: January 14, 2020, 10:21:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just thought I would have a look at how the application for the new Coop on the old Billingtons Garage site was going, but it appears to have disappeared. The application 0/46933 registered 23/12/2019 isn't now on the CCBC Planning portal, does anyone know if it has been withdrawn?
A DP story this morning has some interesting news.............. "The application for the new store has been submitted by the Llandudno Investment Partnership, which is a collaboration between Mostyn Estates and local businessman Peter Ormerod."

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1382 on: January 14, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »
I see that Mostyn Estates objected to the proposals for a new supermarket in Llandudno Junction but did not object to the building of a Co-op in Deganwy or the one proposed one for Billington's old site.
I wonder why?         &shake&

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1383 on: January 14, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »
I seem to remember the Co op in Deganwy was built on the site of the former Farmers Arms which had some connection with the Mostyns.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1384 on: January 14, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »
Yes indeed Bri, sounds like a vested interest and a bit of hypocrisy from the Mostyns

Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1385 on: January 14, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
The original application for the new Coop in Conwy was cancelled & a revised one submitted today. Lots of letters being submitted against the application with some interesting facts. If anyone would like to send in their own letter against, the Application Number is the same 0/46933.

spotty dog

• Member.
« Reply #1386 on: January 14, 2020, 05:45:11 PM »
Big , big rumours on the mill. Wetherspoons have lost out, Coming to conwy.  The Bodfor from Rhyl have undercut them and been successful. Turning the old Library into a large sports Bar. Live bands and DJs cheap beers and is due to open its doors in early August 2020. Times are changing in Conwy guys.
How true this is I don't know but if so it's worrying for Conwy

norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1387 on: January 14, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »
It's always been the same Hugo with Mostyn est,,robbing land off people, what they want they get, youth club is a prime excample, the co op in deganwy another that poor guy still has his shop/ house for sale, and now the gyffin shop.

mondie

« Reply #1388 on: January 15, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »
Big , big rumours on the mill. Wetherspoons have lost out, Coming to conwy.  The Bodfor from Rhyl have undercut them and been successful. Turning the old Library into a large sports Bar. Live bands and DJs cheap beers and is due to open its doors in early August 2020. Times are changing in Conwy guys.
How true this is I don't know but if so it's worrying for Conwy

I didnt think it could be worse than Wetherspoons coming to town, seems I may have been wrong. Lets hope the rumour mill has got this one wrong!