Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 621790 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1275 on: January 23, 2018, 01:52:28 pm »
Not sure H & S legislation is to blame;  rather, workers who want as little to do as possible using it every opportunity they get.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1276 on: January 23, 2018, 03:17:56 pm »
I'm trying to find out if they have TPO's on them Hugo, but I don't hold much hope.

That's an interesting Fact DVT as some of the trees in question have white flowers and some pink. Could that be the reason some cases had large prickles and others none.

What I can remember is getting some large bruises whenever the opposition missed the conker and hit my hand instead.

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #1277 on: January 23, 2018, 09:18:01 pm »
I hear Drew Pritchard has plans for apartments in the old Chapel he has bought, hope he is sorting out some parking that area is a nightmare already with all the holiday cottages  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1278 on: January 24, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
Drew Pritchard's shop opened today, he sold me a nice illuminated clock for £75, nice shop, items of all prices in there, worth a look!
We visited on Monday, his shop is a nice addition to the High Street.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1279 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:37 am »
Why JD Wetherspoons' latest bid to come to Conwy could still be turned down.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/wetherspoons-conwy-civic-hall-pub-14294075

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1280 on: March 21, 2018, 01:25:53 pm »
I noticed a sign up in the window of the old David Owen Butcher shop in Bangor Road today, Issac Simeon Artisan Patisserie will be opening soon. Never heard of him so I Googled it and he has another place in Colwyn Bay, has anyone been to that shop ? The reviews are good and the cakes & bread look delicious on the photographs, bang goes my waistline if they taste as good  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1281 on: March 21, 2018, 03:05:18 pm »
I noticed a sign up in the window of the old David Owen Butcher shop in Bangor Road today, Issac Simeon Artisan Patisserie will be opening soon. Never heard of him so I Googled it and he has another place in Colwyn Bay, has anyone been to that shop ? The reviews are good and the cakes & bread look delicious on the photographs, bang goes my waistline if they taste as good  ;D
Passed it many times, always thought it a little odd that an Artisan Patisserie would exist in Colwyn Bay!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1282 on: April 24, 2018, 02:24:17 pm »
Now, what is reason behind Conwy Pirates Weekend moving to Rhos on Sea?

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1283 on: April 24, 2018, 02:44:05 pm »
Now, what is reason behind Conwy Pirates Weekend moving to Rhos on Sea?
This article from the Pioneer 11/ 4 .....
Conwy Pirate Festival to set sail if community fails to find £8,000 shortfall.
Mr Williams said: “It costs £6,000 to hold an absolute bare bones event and to do it it justice it’s closer to £10,000.

“The tragedy in the MEN arena last year has driven security costs for an event this size through the roof.

“The only way we can pay for the festival is through stall fees on the quay. Even at the most generous estimate that’s £2,000 maximum if we keep the stalls as local as possible and allow charities space.

“I don’t think it’s fair for us to spend £8,000 of our own money for a great event on behalf of the businesses in the town when we won’t benefit financially.”

In response to a letter sent to 60 traders in Conwy at the start of the year, the event has only received the support of two of the town’s businesses and a further member of the community. Last year, a crowdfunding campaign for the festival raised just £60.

Mr Williams added: “I think it would be crying shame for Conwy to lose its only big quayside event in the summer when if the whole town put in for the event, the cost would be nothing.”
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16151094.conwy-pirate-festival-to-set-sail-if-community-fails-to-find-8000-shortfall/?ref=mr&lp=13

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1284 on: April 25, 2018, 09:36:57 am »
Many thanks SteveH. I, and the neighbours had missed that piece of information. It's good news for Rhos, but a shame for Conwy as it was always a very busy weekend in the town.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1285 on: April 25, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »
Organisers at the annual Conwy Pirate weekend have confirmed the popular event will no longer take place at the towns quayside.
Instead, the family festival will take place in the neighbouring village of Rhos-on-Sea .
The three-day extravaganza draws upwards of 10,000 pirate enthusiasts to the area for the fun-packed weekend.

A spokesperson for the event said: “Due to numerous reasons we are unable to continue the event in the town of Conwy.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/world-famous-pirate-weekend-latest-14574387

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1286 on: April 26, 2018, 03:39:30 pm »
I wondered how Rhos, could handle the expense of the Pirate weekend, when Conwy could not, it would appear that the Colwyn Bay and Rhos on sea BID (Business improvement district)  http://www.colwynbid.co.uk/   could get involved, although reading between the lines, HTC Event's have not given up on Conwy completely, and nothing has been finalised with Rhos.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16180535.Conwy_Pirate_Weekend_to_set_sail_for_Rhos_on_Sea_following_disappointing_response_to_funding_plea/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1287 on: May 08, 2018, 10:50:26 pm »
Bear Grylls congratulates Conwy Scout for his 61 years of service
Ray Castle, from Conwy, was awarded the Silver Acorn in Windsor for his dedication to the movement.    Well deserved Ray

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/bear-grylls-congratulates-conwy-scout-14627248

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1289 on: May 12, 2018, 09:55:33 am »
This is what Wetherspoon had planned for Conwy Civic Hall
Pub chain reveals images of what it wanted to do at the historic site.
www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/what-wetherspoon-planned-conwy-civic-14646686