Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 625980 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 07:44:58 pm »
Our first visit to  the Feast this afternoon. Extremely enjoyable 3 or 4 hours spent tasting and drinking.  Once we'd got the elbows sharpened up to get into the food samples we tasted some excellent food and beer.  Also went to a couple of the cookery demonstrations followed by tastings of the finished product. When she asked if there were any questions I just about resisted the temptation to ask Sian Lloyd how Lembit was these days. The exhibitors were however saying things tended to calm down numbers wise after 4pm. Is there a good time to go to avoid the crowds but not be  drinking at 10:00 in the morning?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 07:54:34 pm »
Is there a good time to go to avoid the crowds but not be  drinking at 10:00 in the morning?
Yes, 10.01am.  Z**

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »
I love the Conwy feast, (I'm munching on a chorizo as I post) it's my favourite weekend in Conwy. Went for a good wander today with the Boy ( who's also Munching chorizo)  I noticed on the map that there was a tent (19) marked Bees.  I was really looking forward to seeing bees and a bee hive, gutted I was when I finally got there and proudly displayed my (sorry can't help it) FREE wrist band to Ray, only to discover there was no bees and no hives either!!...... Course, I had to laugh when it dawned on me that having a hive full of bees, in a tent, with shed loads of people was probably not a good idea really.......was it. I was however drawn to a basket of large logs on the way out, £12.50 the sign read "Logs impregnated with mushroom spaws, grows mushrooms in 6/12 months". Yeah right, I can just see my Hubbys' face when he gets in and asks why on earth I've dragged a 2 ft log home, and I start explaining "we'll have our own mushrooms in 12 months" nah, he wouldn't be impressed, so I decided I wouldn't buy one and left.
It was really busy on the quay too, I saw the chocolate fountain but didn't buy one, with all the people milling round I would have spread it on everyones jackets and thats just a waste of chocolate. Went in to see the Geese, sheep and pigs really cute kinda spoilt it when I read the sign that said "Orders taken for Xmas"  I did get my cheese and nuts though so I'm a happy bunny.  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 10:06:13 pm »
Whiskey infused cheese was a winner.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 10:14:28 pm »
Whiskey infused cheese was a winner.
I got the Snowdonia pickle cheese. Testicles du chien mate  D)

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 10:38:14 pm »
I didn't realise that Chorizo had whole pepper corns in it. I've got a mouth like Gandhis' flip flop now, oh well only one thing for it.....yep....more beer Z**

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 12:20:42 am »
Mr and Mrs Fester made their way round there again today.... quite late cos we were working....Parking is horrific,  but I need to say...

Mmmmmm ...Hot Roast Pork Sandwich,  $dins$

Mmmmmm .. Cig Oen   (or hot Roast Lamb sandwich to non Welshies, like me)  $dins$

Mmmmmm... Chocolate fountain,  bollox to the mess, and there sure was a mess.  $dins$

Mmmmmm.... Snowdonia Pickle cheese,   got most of it left for putting on crackers during the week!

Mmmmmm .... Cold lager from the Liverpool Arms... ZXZ

Mmmmmm...  £4 a shot for pretend champagne in the Oyster Bar   Z**

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 06:14:15 am »
Two young pcs came to the Albion and I was told "if people were taking drugs in the pub the onus was on us! "

Itemiser used in Llandudno

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:35 am »
Two young pcs came to the Albion and I was told "if people were taking drugs in the pub the onus was on us! "

I remember going to an outdoor event in Mona about 4 years ago, I couldn't understand why everyone was outside, until I was told they had this swabbing sysyem. It's a good idea, not sure how costly it is.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:05 am »

I remember going to an outdoor event in Mona about 4 years ago, I couldn't understand why everyone was outside, until I was told they had this swabbing sysyem. It's a good idea, not sure how costly it is.

I've been thinking about your post and I think you said you used to be in the police. Doesn't this kind of thing prove people do take drugs.................don't we already know this.  The results of these procedures would be very interesting
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:21:00 am by Ian »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:26 am »
"I've been thinking about your post and I think you said you used to be in the police".

Me?  :o

_))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:17 am »
"I've been thinking about your post and I think you said you used to be in the police".

_))*
Yeah sorry mate, I didn't check thats why I wasn't sure. Might have been Yorkie then  ))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2010, 08:14:33 am »

_))*
_))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »

_))*
[/quote]
 _))*
[/quote] Ok I get the message, so Tojan isn't Dibble.  ))*

Yorkie

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2010, 01:22:26 pm »
And I'm going to plead the Fifth Amendment!!        $eu

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury.   
 ¢¢##