Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 374868 times)

Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1425 on: January 19, 2021, 10:59:04 AM »
The smaller the council, the more it's usually beset with in-fighting, petty bickering and bullying.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1426 on: February 03, 2021, 02:36:27 PM »
Nautical Point Ltd Chester are about to put forward to CCBC a planning application to develop the Civic Hall Conwy. The ground floor will comprise market stalls & retail units, with tourism & residential accommodation on the floors above. As part of the scheme the developers will build new toilets on a site near to the development, in place of the older toilet blocks under the building on the quay. I'm really pleased to hear the toilets are going to be part of the application as they are an absolute disgrace & embarrassment to Conwy Town.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #1427 on: February 05, 2021, 04:56:15 PM »
Ghost town Conwy pictures as butcher says 'never seen anything like it' in 38 years trading
Ieuan Edwards, of Edwards of Conwy, says even when you're open it is tough and believes it's time to consider easing controls

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1428 on: February 05, 2021, 10:58:00 PM »
It's a very sad picture to see the Conwy High Street so empty but what's the answer?         As soon as the restrictions are lifted then you start to see the number of Coronavirus cases rising.
On TV tonight a survey of people obeying the latest Covid rules was put at just over 50% but I would have thought that it's much much less.      In fact I only know of two households that haven't broken one rule or another.