Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 347024 times)

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1395 on: June 11, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
Plans to effectively double the size of proposed “holiday studios” in an area close to Snowdonia National Park have been passed – through “gritted teeth”.

The plans for Tyn Terfyn Caravan Site at Tal y Bont, Conwy, will see the amended proposal replace the previously approved 15 one bedroom studio accommodation units with a mix of larger static caravans.

Amended drawings show 10 x 1 bedroom and 5 x 2 bedroom proposed static caravans, which could be partitioned internally to include more bedrooms.
The proposal also increased parking provision from 15 to 26 vehicles.

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #1396 on: Yesterday at 10:12:47 AM »
A controversial plan to lure tourists back to a North Wales High Street has sparked a furious debate.

Discussions are underway to close Conwy's main thoroughfare to traffic over the summer months, sparking fury amongst some business owners.

The Chamber of Trade held an online meeting last week to gauge opinion amongst business owners.

The idea is to close the High Street to traffic over the next few months to help with social distancing during the pandemic. It is believed by some that it will be hard to keep to social distancing rules when people have to queue outside shops if the road is busy with cars.

"A similar thing was done to Station Road in Colwyn Bay, and it killed what was once a very much thriving street.
"In normal circumstances Conwy is booming when compared to other high streets, why on earth would you change it now?"

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Llewlyn

« Reply #1397 on: Yesterday at 04:51:09 PM »
As a resident of Llewelyn Street this will deny me and my neighbours access to our homes, the same for Crown Lane. I am disabled and would find it difficult to walk any distance to try and park, carparks full in the summer anyway.

Nemesis

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1398 on: Yesterday at 09:33:35 PM »
You have my sympathy, CBC have no thought for residents of any area. If there is anything which involves the Orme we cannot access our rear entrance without arguing with some 'person 'standing in the road in a high viz. jacket.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.