Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 621834 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1260 on: October 07, 2017, 01:26:52 pm »
Thanks for that Bri, I can't see the point in having two of the same ice cream shops in such a small town though, but they must know what they are doing. Perhaps they will make the present one into just a cafe.

Meleri. Carrie Parisella is now involved in the business and seems to be the one with new ideas.....

https://businessnewswales.com/north-wales-ice-cream-entrepreneur-expands-business-new-seaside-restaurant/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1261 on: October 09, 2017, 09:09:41 am »
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that he was opening opposite Edwards of Conwy in the High Street.
You posted it Dave R on 16 Sept.
That's right, Stan. I believe the Chapel may be used for storage/restoration, whilst the High St shops are there display the items for sale.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1262 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:34 am »
Thanks for that Bri, I can't see the point in having two of the same ice cream shops in such a small town though, but they must know what they are doing. Perhaps they will make the present one into just a cafe.

Meleri. Carrie Parisella is now involved in the business and seems to be the one with new ideas.....

https://businessnewswales.com/north-wales-ice-cream-entrepreneur-expands-business-new-seaside-restaurant/
Rhos won't be the same without Nino.  :(

Offline Huw Pritchard

« Reply #1263 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:47 pm »
I hope what you have heard is true Dave, it's exactly what Conwy needs   ;D Has anyone heard what is opening in the old Fruit & Fibre shop opposite the main bus stop in Lancaster Square? There appears to be a chiller fridge, hope it's not going to be another takeaway.
I think the old Fruit and Fibre shop is now called Sandwich Express. So there you are. Don't know if it's open yet as have not been in town for a while. Good to see the building occupied and in use anyway.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1264 on: October 25, 2017, 08:34:56 am »
I hope what you have heard is true Dave, it's exactly what Conwy needs   ;D Has anyone heard what is opening in the old Fruit & Fibre shop opposite the main bus stop in Lancaster Square? There appears to be a chiller fridge, hope it's not going to be another takeaway.
I think the old Fruit and Fibre shop is now called Sandwich Express. So there you are. Don't know if it's open yet as have not been in town for a while. Good to see the building occupied and in use anyway.
Part of Parisella's expanding empire.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1265 on: October 25, 2017, 01:27:28 pm »
Conwy was absolutely buzzing just now, a full two days before the Conwy Feast. Big queues to see the likes of the worst house in Britain or whatever tourist trap it is. If only if only Llandudno was 'allowed' something similar.

In other news the amount of dog mess on the footpath to the quay is a disgrace it literally stinks. Full of flies as well.
I don't understand why those parasites from Fuhrer security don't park themselves up there for an afternoon they'd make a packet  ££$

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #1266 on: October 27, 2017, 05:40:26 pm »
Yes please have The Feast Llandudno, It is a nightmare for Conwy residents, packing thousands of people in such a small space is a joke. Streets already blocked, parking even more of a nightmare than usual. Most of locals are leaving town for a few days.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1267 on: October 28, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »
Had a great time at the Conwy Food Fest tonight,  yes it’s not cheap, but no one is forcing anyone to buy anything are they?
A very varied range of food on offer, not just your usual burgers etc.
Also, there was a FREE festival of light in St Mary’s church. It was a beautiful show of light and live music, if it doesn’t move you, you don’t have a soul. 
Excellent night all in all.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:17 pm »
It was the annual Conwy Half Marathon today with about 3,000 entrants and the course went along the main road to Llandudno.    Then it continued to the Pier and around the Marine Drive before returning back to Conwy along the main road again.
I saw the start and then went to Maesdu Bridge to take some more photos.    It's a well organised race and I saw one competitor running in a Gorilla suit, hope that the person made it to the end. 

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1269 on: December 20, 2017, 05:23:14 pm »
Sorry wrong thread....

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1270 on: January 04, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »
The powers that be are intending to close St Michael's Catholic Church in Conwy in February. Not because of lack of worshippers or lack of funding, but difficulty in finding a priest  &shake& Yet planning is intended to extend the Catholic Church in Llandudno Junction to include a Church Hall which Conwy already has and is in regular use. One of the main attractions in Conwy are the wonderful Italian Marble Stations of the Cross & Crucifixion in the grounds of the Church, I wonder what will happen to them  :(
Bet the local developers are circling like vultures already for this prime sight. What an absolute disgrace.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1271 on: January 20, 2018, 10:38:31 pm »
Drew Pritchard's shop opened today, he sold me a nice illuminated clock for £75, nice shop, items of all prices in there, worth a look!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1272 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:38 am »
I haven't been down for a look yet ME but I like your clock  :D

If anyone is interested in the new Cultural Hub being built on the Old Bodlondeb School site there is lots of details on Planning Application 0/44764 on CCBC Planning Portal.  Excavation works are due to start March this year. I'm sad to see part of the proposed site goes beyond the existing site, where the parking turning area goes into Bodlondeb Park where the large Horse Chestnut Trees are. Many of the trees are to be taken down due to disease, but some are to be taken down as they may later become diseased. As a child every year I looked forward to collecting the conkers and the ensuing conker fights, as I'm sure many other children did. I'm feeling very sad about this, surely those trees not diseased can be left alone  :(

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1273 on: January 23, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »
Do those trees have any Tree Preservation Orders ( TPO's ) on them Meleri?       

Offline DVT

« Reply #1274 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:58 pm »
Shame to be chopping down trees but there is more awareness now about disease than there used to be - back then trees died and fell down, there was no tree euthenasia (spelling?).

On the subject of conkers - I used to collect mine off a tree in Bodnant that had pink flowers - the tree is in Furnace meadow which opened to the public last April - the conkers were harder - that was 60 years ago!  As a guide there now I relate this to visitors and whilst I expect children not to know about playing conkers, I find that many parents also haven't a clue what I am talking about (grandparents are fully aware, though!) - you make a hole in the conker, thread a shoelace through it and then bash your mate's similar conker on a string, taking turns until one breaks!

Health & Safety has destroyed many of the past-times we had as kids, yet does not seem too disturbed about kids eyesight and hearing being destroyed by spending all their time on their X-Box or listening on their MP3's!