Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 621849 times)

Offline llewelyn

Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1245 on: July 19, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »
My plan was to put the gates back on the walls and charge a toll. Free to residents of course !  and once the carparks are full close the gates. Plus the bigger the car the bigger the toll.😇

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1246 on: July 29, 2017, 12:12:02 pm »
The Conwy Half Marathon started at 9.00 am today and goes from Conwy along the cycle track to Penmaenmawr then to Sychnant Pass and over Conwy Mountain and back to Conwy for the finish.
I took the easy option and drove to the top of Sychnant Pass so that I could see a friend who was doing this gruelling race. 

Well done to everyone who took part in it.      $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1247 on: September 16, 2017, 09:21:34 am »
Really great news for Conwy that Drew Pritchard is opening his Antiques shop there in the High Street (in the 2 shops across from Parisellas). His Salvage Hunters tv show is a big hit worldwide and it can only bring more visitors into the town.  $good$

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1248 on: September 16, 2017, 10:34:58 am »
Excellent news Dave it's exactly what Conwy Town needs. I did think Drew would perhaps buy the old Carmel Chapel in Chapel Street, that would make another really good antiques centre.
Good Luck to Drew & his team and looking forward to seeing Enzo. I'm really enjoying Salvage Hunters and hope there are lots more programmes to come.  ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1249 on: September 21, 2017, 08:21:04 am »
Drew Pritchard's new shop in Conwy will be opening on 18th October.

Nice interview with him here:
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/salvage-hunters-drew-pritchard-bargain-hunting-tips/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1250 on: September 27, 2017, 09:39:16 am »
It's a couple of years since I posted my original query below and still nothing seems to be happening with the old Palace Cinema in Conwy? Rumours of Wetherspoons have come and gone. I believe the building is still owned by Parker's Leisure Holdings of Rhyl?

Whilst we were looking round Plas Mawr, I looked out of the window and wondered myself what is happening with the former Palace Cinema & Bingo Club? It closed down several years ago and nothing seems to have happened since. I noticed that both shops at the front of the building are still let (an ice cream shop has recently opened in the left-hand one), as is Amelie's Restaurant in the old theatre bar above. Shame to see such a grand building falling slowly into decay.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/22947

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1251 on: September 27, 2017, 08:30:30 pm »
Does anyone have any news about the old Billington's site? Nothing seems to have happened for ages!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1252 on: September 28, 2017, 11:49:46 am »
Does anyone have any news about the old Billington's site? Nothing seems to have happened for ages!
Think it must still be for sale, since the old plans fell through?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/conwy-castle-restaurant-site-fails-8733027

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1253 on: October 06, 2017, 08:47:43 am »
I hear a whisper that Drew Pritchard has bought the old chapel in Conwy:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-49863537.html

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #1254 on: October 06, 2017, 11:01:55 am »
Would be a good option for local residents. We were afraid of The Dreaded Wetherspoons, or Apartments. Parking is already impossible, and noise from the Mail Coach a problem. A smart antiques emporium would be good. 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1255 on: October 06, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »
I hear a whisper that Drew Pritchard has bought the old chapel in Conwy:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-49863537.html

Drew has already been seen buying stock  in local shops I've heard his shop opens soon , end of October possibly?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1256 on: October 06, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »
I hope what you have heard is true Dave, it's exactly what Conwy needs   ;D Has anyone heard what is opening in the old Fruit & Fibre shop opposite the main bus stop in Lancaster Square? There appears to be a chiller fridge, hope it's not going to be another takeaway.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1257 on: October 06, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that he was opening opposite Edwards of Conwy in the High Street.
You posted it Dave R on 16 Sept.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1258 on: October 06, 2017, 06:00:59 pm »
Has anyone heard what is opening in the old Fruit & Fibre shop opposite the main bus stop in Lancaster Square? There appears to be a chiller fridge, hope it's not going to be another takeaway.
Parisellas is my understanding, Meleri.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1259 on: October 07, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »
Thanks for that Bri, I can't see the point in having two of the same ice cream shops in such a small town though, but they must know what they are doing. Perhaps they will make the present one into just a cafe.