Author Topic: Garden Railway  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Garden Railway
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:32 am »
I have yet to build the railway in the garden, but so far I have one live steam engine which is a radio controlled model of Linda on the Ffestiniog Railway and some wagons and bugboxes (small 4 wheeled coaches)

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Garden Railway
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:19:45 am »
I've built this station too

and this slate wagon

Some time soon I hope to start building the line, the gauge is 32mm or one and a quarter inches and the scale is 16mm to the foot

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »
The level of detailing is amazing on the wagons, they look like full sized ones! The station building is great, too.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:09:39 pm »
This looks like a labour of love...and well worth it.
I can't get over the level of detail on that poster board, on the side of the waiting room !!

Nice one Andy ....when its finished it can deliver your sausages from the barbecue to your garden chair!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:53:40 am »
Outstanding!  There's a chap in the Conwy Valley area who has a full sized garden railway all set out.  If you're interested, I could put you in touch with him?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:09 am »
Outstanding!  There's a chap in the Conwy Valley area who has a full sized garden railway all set out.  If you're interested, I could put you in touch with him?
Is that the one at Betws Y Coed that I saw in someones garden?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:11:23 am »
No - that's someone else.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:31:33 am »

It's possible that I may know him if he's in the 16mm Association, I'm quite new to this scale of modelling, the good thing with this big scale stuff is that you can see it :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:34:38 am »
The level of detailing is amazing on the wagons, they look like full sized ones! The station building is great, too.

Thanks, the wagons are plastic kits, still take some time to make and paint them so they look ancient!
The station building  is also a kit made from resin and that took ages to build and paint (I am very fussy though :) )

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:59:47 am »
It's possible that I may know him if he's in the 16mm Association,

I'll PM you with some details.

Yorkie

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 11:27:48 am »
Just seen this thread and it's great to see such great modelling.  I was a Model Railway enthusiast until some years ago and had a large layout of OO guage in a big room above my garage when I lived in the Midlands.  It all went as we moved up to Llandudno as the new property had insufficient room and it would also have been a pig to dismantle and re-lay.