Author Topic: Public Transport  (Read 33255 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Public Transport
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:06:58 pm »
Proposed changes to Bus Timetables:

Proposed changes to buses 5/13/14/15/27

5 - Will serve Llandudno Junction Station on evenings and Sundays to connect with bus 13. Sunday evening times from Llandudno revised to 1850/1950/2050/2150/2250.

13 - The terminus in Llandudno is revised to North Western Gardens (stop W).

15 - Will be replaced after 0900 between Llandudno and Conwy by bus 19 with buses working through but changing numbers in Llandudno.

Most evening/Sunday buses on routes 14/15/27 are replaced by an improved 13 service.

Proposed changes to buses 19/23/24/25/73/74

19 - Revised in Llandudno to start from North Western Gardens (stop W) then via Mostyn Street/Gloddaeth Street/West Shore/Maesdu Road to/from Hospital Road.

Journeys diverted via Bryn Gosol Road/Bryn Seiriol/Hawes Drive.

Diverted between Rowen and Talybont via Church House with most journeys extended to Betws-y-Coed.

23/24 - Diverted eastbound in Colwyn Bay via new stop in Bay View Road.

25 - Revised in Llandudno to start from North Western Gardens (stop W) then via Mostyn Street/Gloddaeth Street/St Andrews Drive/Trinity Avenue/Maesdu Road to/from Hospital Road.

Journeys extended from North Western Gardens to/from Liddell Drive.

73 - Liddell Drive section replaced by 25.

74 - Replaced by services 19/25/75.

Full details here:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/472/bus_changesr.pdf

You can give your opinions on the changes here:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=143&doc=29017&Language=1

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Re: Public Transport
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »
BBC Wales news last night started quite hopefully regarding trains and new money etc. etc.  Then they stated that so much money will be spent on valleys trains.  Whilst I appreciate that many people commute to Cardiff daily to work and need a good service what about north Wales?

Arriva is in permanent trundle mode.  It should not take almost four hours to travel by train from Llandudno to Cardiff, often via Crewe.  They always neglect us and the train "service" is rubbish.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »
I don't really understand those changes just from reading

But I do know buses around here are god awful and unacceptable! Especially at the price they charge.

On a Sunday - buses to Conwy and Llysfaen one every 2 HOURS! Miss that and you have a ridiculous wait :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:36:18 am »
I've travelled on the Sunday service a few times in the Summer and it is usually so busy that it is standing room only by the time you get to Llanrwst. It should be expanded, not axed.

FEARS a Sunday Conwy Valley train service could be axed have angered an Assembly Member.

A new timetable, which will come into effect in May, fails to include the three train services between Llandudno Junction and Blaenau Ffestiniog on a Sunday, as well as the replacement bus service during the winter months.

North Wales Assembly Member Aled Roberts, confirmed he has asked the Minister for Local Government and Communities, Carl Sargeant AM, to explain why the Sunday service has been cut.

He said: “This could be a serious blow to the local tourist industry which has benefited from the publicity given to Conwy Line in recent years.
“It is vital that we give our tourist industry all the support it needs and I am not convinced that cutting the summer Sunday service on the Conwy Valley Railway will help. If the service is not being cut then the omission on the timetable needs to be corrected immediately.”

Llandudno Junction councillor Mike Priestley said the the loss of the service could effect tourism
He added: “We should be encouraging more people to use our local railways and take cars off the road."

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/109559/sunday-rail-cut-fears.aspx

Offline martin

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »
Dave, the timetable link you posted last October, is that still extant please?

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »
I wonder why the Minister is asked.  The service is surely operated by Arriva Trains Wales - it might be better if Aled and Mike asked them in the first instance.  As the December timetable has only been out a few weeks it is curious how May's timetable is out and about.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:09:20 pm »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline martin

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »
 $thanx$

Offline dwsi

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:22:52 pm »
I always use transport direct for train/car/bus route planning http://bit.ly/wJT5iM

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:58:47 pm »
I wonder why the Minister is asked.  The service is surely operated by Arriva Trains Wales - it might be better if Aled and Mike asked them in the first instance.  As the December timetable has only been out a few weeks it is curious how May's timetable is out and about.
Arriva provide the service (indeed, all rail services in Wales) on behalf of the Welsh Government.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:01:52 pm »
If you have an iPhone or iPad, then there is a great little App for telling you bus times. It uses GPS to work out which Bus Stop you are standing at and then tells you the times of the next few buses. Its called NextBuses and costs 69p:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nextbuses/id362006676?mt=8

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »
I'd love an iphone.  I was gutted at xmas as my lad had said I could have his old one as his was due for upgrade and then unfortunately he got it nicked in Manchester.  :(  Fortunately his upgrade was due the week after.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
I'd love an iphone.  I was gutted at xmas as my lad had said I could have his old one as his was due for upgrade and then unfortunately he got it nicked in Manchester.  :(  Fortunately his upgrade was due the week after.
I cant recommend them highly enough, a fantastic device. Its just like having a mini computer with you. Mine wasn't new, it was an unwanted gift on ebay, there are some good bargains to be had on there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Apple-iPhone-3GS-16GB-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone-/102540509?LH_ItemCondition=2000|2500&_dmpt=UK_Mobile_Phones&_pcategid=9355&_pcatid=810&_refkw=iphone+3gs

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »
I want one now, I'm very pleased with the ipad that I have D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline dwsi

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 07:55:45 pm »
I cant recommend them highly enough, a fantastic device. Its just like having a mini computer with you. Mine wasn't new, it was an unwanted gift on ebay, there are some good bargains to be had on there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Apple-iPhone-3GS-16GB-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone-/102540509?LH_ItemCondition=2000|2500&_dmpt=UK_Mobile_Phones&_pcategid=9355&_pcatid=810&_refkw=iphone+3gs

better link -> http://bit.ly/yZSjsl