Author Topic: Cambrian Rally/Rally GB  (Read 54789 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Cambrian Rally/Rally GB
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 04:13:03 am »
I wonder why nobody at Venue Cymru did not consider giving you a pair of complimentary tickets and retain the letter.

Alternatively, Venue Cymru could have written a big tick across the letter and handed it back to you.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 07:45:25 am »
I wonder why nobody at Venue Cymru did not consider giving you a pair of complimentary tickets and retain the letter.
Alternatively, Venue Cymru could have written a big tick across the letter and handed it back to you.

Much too simple a solution!      _))*   _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:07 am »
It wouldn't stop someone photocopying the letter before they went in for the tickets.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:59 am »
You have seen the letter so would it not have to be a colour photocopy rather than a B&W?

In which case, anyone so inclined could also photocopy the complimentary entrance ticket.

Offline mull

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 10:52:28 am »
Can anyone help me find information on dates and times when access to the Great Orme is restricted.
We usually pay a visit to Llandudno before Christmas which includes checking family graves at St Tudnos.
(Hope the headstones have not been inspected this year and sprouted fence stobs).
If access to St Tudnos by car is barred surely they can not stop us walking, eg Monks path then over the summit.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:56 am »
I'm not sure about access on foot but non resident road access via Old Road and Ty Gwyn Road will be closed from 6am to 6pm on the 10th of November

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 11:43:18 am »
Monk’s path and all other pathways will be closed from 6pm on Wednesday, 9 November to midnight on Thursday, 10 November.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »
What we need is ACTION by our Councillors to preserve the Status Quo and ensure that the daily rights we normally have are preserved and not destroyed by these gas guzzling interlopers.

Or we could march on the Orme with a large group of locals who have a similar interest.   Maybe the NWWN could mount a campaign and give it the publicity it deserves?
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 02:43:32 pm »
You'll only get publicity from the NWWN if  you pay for.  I think we've established that anything which concerns local issues or indeed anything remotely interesting to local residents will not get print space with the NWWN unless released by a: the Council or b: the Police. 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »
 Let the rally have the orme for one day .

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 06:51:19 pm »
What if you needed to work up there then?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »
Or visit your Grandfather's grave on his Birthday!     Z**
Cicero

Offline mull

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:53 pm »
We have freedom to roam in Scotland,thank god for that.
If national security is not threatened, NO ONE has the right to restrict your access.
I am sure most people would have the sense not to walk on the rally route and this blanket ban on the Great Orme has more to do with getting people to pay for access than any other reason.
If they intend to charge for special parking areas , entertainment etc ,no problem for those who want it but why should everyone else be denied enjoyment of one of the best areas of open space in North Wales. 

End of rant.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »
Exactly. Simply close off the Marine Drive and access points onto it from the Orme. The rest can remain open.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »
Exactly. Simply close off the Marine Drive and access points onto it from the Orme. The rest can remain open.

I agree 100%  it is all about the money, the rally coming here is great and I was looking forward to  it (until I saw the ludicrous charges!) but to say the Orme is out of bounds is outrageous!

Also if you live on the Orme does that mean you can have no visitors on that day? If I should wish to visit friends who live on the Orme I'm not allowed to??!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas