Author Topic: Llandudno Hobson family  (Read 13722 times)

Offline chris_hobson

Re: Llandudno Hobson family
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:16 am »
I meant to say dwsi, the rebuild of the house was by Hugh and his son Joseph, Joseph must have been around 15,  judging by his year of birth.

Chris

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »
These are the inscriptions on Hobson graves in St. Tudno's churchyard.  The source is the book which Hugo mentioned and the code at the beginning gives the reference in the book and position in the churchyard.  Hope this helps. 

F040  At rest, James Hobson, died 9th June, 1921, aged 46 years.  Ellen Elizabeth Hobson, died 3rd June, 1956, aged 78 years.  Mary Hobson, died 9th March, 1904, aged 4 years 9 months. 

Cofion cynnes.

G151  Es serchog gof am Robert Hobson anwyl briod Elizabeth Hobson, Pant y Ffrith, Llandudno yr hwn fu farw Mawth 10fed, 1911 yh 56 mlwydd oed.

Bydd myrdd o ryfeddodau
Ar doriad bore mawr

Hefyd Elizabeth Maria ei anwyl briod yr hon fu farw Rhagfyr 26ain, 1921, yn 67 mlwydd oed ei off emyn.

Mi glwa’th dyner lais
Yn galw arnaf fi
I ddod a golchi meiau’ gyd
Yn afon Calfari

Hefyd William Hobson mab yr uchod hunudd Ionawr 10fed, 1953 yn 64 mlwydd oed.

G171  In loving memory of John the beloved child of John & Jane Hobson, Ivy Mount, Tŷn y Coed, who died Oct. 20th, 1896 aged 7 years.

Mae Iesu Grist o’n hochor ni
Tywalltod ef ei waed yn lli
Trwy rinwedd hwn fe’n dwg yn iach
I’r ochr draw mewn gronyn bach

Also Robert Hobson the beloved child of the above, who departed this life May 29th, 1904 aged 11 months.  Also Jane Hobson, died March 10th, 1918 aged 54 years, also John Hobson, died Feb. 14th, 1937 aged 70 years. 

G203  In loving memory of the beloved sons of Jane & John Hobson, Yvy Mount, Great Orme’s Head, Llandudno.  David Hodson, who died April 21st, 1919, aged 23 years.  Pte. John Hobson, 13th R.W.F., killed in action June 22nd 1917, buried at Bard Cottage, Businghe, Belgium, aged 20 years.  Pte. Evan Hobson, 14th Glostershire Regt., killed in action August 21st, 1917, buried at St. Emielie Villers, Laucon, France, aged 29 years.   In loving memory of Pte. John Bashford, Lancashire Fusiliers, the beloved husband of Elizabeth Jane Bashford, Ivy Mount, Great Orme’s Head, Llandudno, who was killed in France, Palm Sunday, 1917 aged 26 years. 

G295  Er serchog goffadwriath am Roger James, mab James ac Ann Hobson, Chapel St, Llandudno, yr hwn a fu farw Mawth 31ain, 1894 yn 19 oed, hefyd Joseph yr hwn fu farw Awst 22ain, 1895 yn 13 oed, hefyd Hannah Jane (Jennie) yr hon a fu farw Awst 24ain, 1908 yn 31 oed.  Also of James Hobson, father of the above, who died Sept. 28th, 1920 aged 72 years. 

Details from “Memorial Inscriptions of the Church of Saint Tudno”, Gwynedd Family History Society, 1988. 

Offline zoehughes29c

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »
 $walesflag$hi chris this is zoe gareth's partner. i am looking into gaz's family tree at the mo so i thought u might like the info i have found to help you with your research. william david hobson (gareth's father and your uncle) born 10th feb 1951 died 1982 age 31. father and mother of william david (billy) william charles hobson born 7th sept 1931 died 2nd june 1992 spouse eilleen. parents of william charles hobson - william hobson and elizabeth hobson. parents of great grand father william - joseph and ellen hobson 1911 census records of household members - elizabeth hobson age 56, joseph hobson (son) age 26, william hobson age 22, robert hobson age 19, john hobson age 16 and leah hobson age 14. parents of joseph hobson (father) anne elizabeth hobson born 1862 and john hobson census 1891 records of household members - john hobson age 27, anne elizabeth hobson (spouse) 29, robert hobson age 4 and kate hobson age 2. i was unable to find any record of kate hobson past this so i belive she died between 1891 and 1911. i hope this info is helpful to you. i know some of the names are probarbly different to what you thought but ur great gran elizabeth was elizabeth m so i belive this is where the name u know her by came from, i have gone through many records and defenatly belive this is the right family tree you are looking for, hope this helps you out, if i find anything else i will let you know.

Offline chris_hobson

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:55 pm »
Hi Zoe, thanks for your message.

I took the same line as you, but when I researched alittle more, I thought I must be wrong as names didnt seem to fit.

Shortly after begining tis topic, I spent a few afternoons at Conwy Archives and looked through the school records to confirm I had the right family, I was also told to trust the record as it was only filled in by the school head.  The record gave the same address as the census.

I will find the folder to let you know.

Chris

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:47 am »
I don't know if you have come across a site called North Wales BMD.  It is run by the Registration service and has the indexes for all the local births, marriages and deaths up to around 1950.  It is free and helps you to locate people if you want a copy of any certificates. I have found it very useful in the past.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:05 pm »
Jimmy Hobson and Davy Hobson lived in Bridge Road in the 1940s and 50s.
Micox

Offline sam

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »
I have just come across this when researching my own family. Might be of interest. :)

http://search.ancestry.myfamily.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=mediaphotopublic&rank=1&sbo=t&gsbco=Sweden&gsln=Hops