Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 625971 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1245 on: March 24, 2017, 08:55:06 pm »
This was the original application and included a multi storey car park, no mention there of underground parking but I've not made any other search but I'll ask my friend again and see what he can tell me.

Planning Application Search Results
New Search
Records 1 to 5 of 5
To view full details, please click on the "Application Number".
Application Number   Site Address   Development Description   Status   Date Registered   Decision
0/43441   Land in Colwyn Bay Town Centre bounded by Conway Road, Coed Pella Road, Lansdowne Road and Queen's Drive Colwyn Bay Conwy LL29   Non-material amendment to planning permission granted under code ref. 0/42552 (Demolition of all existing on site buildings and structures. The construction of a new four storey council office building including customer service area, child contact centre, CCTV suite, multi storey car park, landscaping and other associated facilities and works) to allow for the reduction in height of multi-storey car park

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1246 on: April 25, 2017, 11:36:28 am »
The former mansion estate of Lord Colwyn that later housed two convalescent homes has been put up for sale.
Queen's Lodge mansion was built in Colwyn Bay at end of the 1800s for a wealthy industrialist.

Now Legat Owen has been instructed to sell the renowned former Lord Colwyn’s Estate as a unique development opportunity.
The 13.7-acre site off Queens Avenue is situated in an elevated position overlooking Colwyn Bay.
A spokesman said: "Consisting of two separate buildings including the original dwelling once occupied by Lord Colwyn and a more recently developed property, the land offers mature woodland, with walled and landscaped gardens and a pond.

Ben Lamont, surveyor at Legat Owen, the sole commercial agent for the site, added: “The sale of this estate provides a rare opportunity to acquire a stunning premier asset in one of North Wales’ most popular destinations.
"The site has potential to reap maximum reward for the area, considering the extensive regeneration and redevelopment of the bay’s iconic seafront and amenities that is attracting further inward interest.
 We look forward to working with clients to discuss the endless opportunities.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/historic-colwyn-bay-mansion-estate-12938173

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1247 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »
Queen's Lodge in Colwyn Bay is up for sale.  It's set in 13 acres of ground so I don't know what the future holds for it.     I've a vague memory that there was a planning application made in the past but don't know whether it has expired or not

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39706294

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1248 on: April 26, 2017, 10:24:26 am »
The former mansion estate of Lord Colwyn that later housed two convalescent homes has been put up for sale.
Queen's Lodge mansion was built in Colwyn Bay at end of the 1800s for a wealthy industrialist.

Now Legat Owen has been instructed to sell the renowned former Lord Colwyn’s Estate as a unique development opportunity.
The 13.7-acre site off Queens Avenue is situated in an elevated position overlooking Colwyn Bay.
A spokesman said: "Consisting of two separate buildings including the original dwelling once occupied by Lord Colwyn and a more recently developed property, the land offers mature woodland, with walled and landscaped gardens and a pond.

Ben Lamont, surveyor at Legat Owen, the sole commercial agent for the site, added: “The sale of this estate provides a rare opportunity to acquire a stunning premier asset in one of North Wales’ most popular destinations.
"The site has potential to reap maximum reward for the area, considering the extensive regeneration and redevelopment of the bay’s iconic seafront and amenities that is attracting further inward interest.
 We look forward to working with clients to discuss the endless opportunities.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/historic-colwyn-bay-mansion-estate-12938173
Probably the biggest estate remaining in pretty much its original state from Victorian times in Colwyn Bay. No doubt the majority of the lovely gardens and woodlands will be bulldozed to provide noddy houses, with the mansion being converted into luxury apartments. Another big part of what I call the 'real' Colwyn Bay will be gone for good.

Offline BMD

« Reply #1249 on: May 08, 2017, 01:28:44 pm »
The work on the prom between the pier and Marine Road looks fairly close to completion. I think it was scheduled to be opened this May.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1250 on: May 15, 2017, 07:57:56 am »
Staff at the Post start work at the new office at Bryn Eirias today: https://twitter.com/DPTomDavidson/status/863998534181408768
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1251 on: May 15, 2017, 10:04:11 am »
Staff at the Post start work at the new office at Bryn Eirias today: https://twitter.com/DPTomDavidson/status/863998534181408768

$good$        ££$

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1252 on: May 15, 2017, 12:24:02 pm »

Well is it the Park Hotel or the Marine Hotel after work?

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1253 on: May 15, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
I'm not sure yet  Z**
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1255 on: June 05, 2017, 05:28:16 pm »
Send in the bulldozers to shift them!   &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1256 on: June 17, 2017, 07:03:53 pm »
A red helicopter (possibly an air ambulance)  passed closely overhead about 10 minutes ago and looked like it was landing near the Bryn Cadno Reserve but no sign of it now near the Community Centre on the heights

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1257 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »
I had been back in the garden for about 15 minutes when I heard the sound of the helicopter starting up and it went overhead but went in a westerly direction possibly to Bangor Hospital whereas incidents in Colwyn Bay normally go to the Bodelwyddan Hospital

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1258 on: June 18, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »
I never found out why the helicopter was in the area yesterday, but just now I was looking out of my window and another helicopter was flying very low above the bay in Rhos on Sea and it looked like it was searching for something, then it flew off along the coast in the direction of Rhyl

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1259 on: June 18, 2017, 05:09:25 pm »
H. Todays helicopter is SAR 936 Coastguard rescue based,in Caernarfon, the one you mentioned yesterday, I had a look on Flight tracker, it did not give any details, but, flew from Tudweiliog to your area, circled for bit, then headed back.?

I think I mentioned Flight Tracker before, but just in case......  https://planefinder.net/     and if you click on the plane icon you are interested in, it will give you info. and flight path.   ££$