Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 622218 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1185 on: October 01, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »
It had rained here for most of the day but improved at about 6.30pm  so I decided to take a some photos from the balcony and went there a couple of times.
I went back on the computer and could see the clouds changing again but this time I just sat in the room  and took some photos through the glass.
They looked ok  on the camera but when I downloaded the images I realised that it was a mistake.  That fairy in the photo is just a transfer on the window to try and deter birds from flying into the window and the lights from the room are reflected in the image.
I won't be so lazy next time and will take the photos from outside instead

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1186 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:54 am »
Would have been a nice shot for our Ghosts topic :-)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1187 on: October 02, 2016, 08:37:03 am »
That'll teach me a lesson not to be so lazy next time.     

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1188 on: October 02, 2016, 08:56:42 am »
Actually, it looks rather effective, and could have the Photoshop experts tying themselves in knots trying to fathom out how it was done.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1189 on: October 02, 2016, 12:54:43 pm »
I like it, Hugo you will have to experiment with other subjects and show us the results.     $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1190 on: October 02, 2016, 12:57:57 pm »
I like it, Hugo you will have to experiment with other subjects and show us the results.     $good$

I'm afraid that it was just a     $booboo$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1191 on: October 10, 2016, 01:07:13 pm »
I had a nice walk with my dog along the sandy beach in Old Colwyn yesterday but noticed that the sand keeps shifting about.  Thankfully the stone groynes help to prevent excess movement of the sand but it makes you realise that the Victorian engineers with their wooden groynes placed at more frequent intervals knew exactly what they were doing.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1192 on: October 17, 2016, 04:02:07 pm »
After a wet start to the day, the weather picked up and Rhos harbour looked nice in the sunshine.  Those windmills in the photo looked very close

Offline hollins

« Reply #1193 on: October 17, 2016, 04:19:19 pm »
I hate the windmills Hugo but that is a clever picture with such a well defined horizon lurking just behind the harbour wall.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1194 on: October 17, 2016, 06:37:14 pm »
Yes, it's good. When the weather clears it's amazing how close mountains and windmills can appear.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1195 on: November 05, 2016, 03:29:29 pm »
It was pretty rough at the Skip at midday today and I don't just mean the building work that is going on around the place.   The wind was blowing in from the sea and the waves were breaking on the rocks and yet high tide was still an hour away.
At least a number of people were braving the conditions and making the most of the surf today.

The Skip seemed quiet today and I was wondering if the road works by the Pier had had a detrimental affect on trade, that and the fact that some of its best customers seem to be on holiday a lot.      ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #1196 on: November 06, 2016, 09:03:47 am »

The Skip seemed quiet today and I was wondering if the road works by the Pier had had a detrimental affect on trade, that and the fact that some of its best customers seem to be on holiday a lot.      ;D

I can't think who you mean!     ;D
True though, not been for a while. She said last time we went, "I hope you will keep us going in the winter months."

Amazing to see your photos of the sea and the conditions down there Hugo. Quite calm here as we face south with a hill behind us.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1197 on: November 06, 2016, 03:07:53 pm »
The sea was rough again today Hollins but there were no people kite surfing like there were yesterday.   In places it was like a snowstorm with foam from the sea blowing all over the place.   Lots of people were there watching the waves coming in, most were sensible but you always get those that are not.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1198 on: November 06, 2016, 04:09:56 pm »
Hugo, very brave going out in that,............the railings in your photos look mishapen ,  are they the original or new replacements ?........

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1199 on: November 06, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »
Hugo, very brave going out in that,............the railings in your photos look mishapen ,  are they the original or new replacements ?........

Not brave really Steve, quite a few of the shots were taken from inside my car with the window down.   I didn't go anywhere near the railings so I can't tell you anything about them, but I know a man who can!