Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627076 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 02:29:56 pm »
We in Llandudno had a covering this morning, which had frozen,very nasty underfoot.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »
Bit off topic are'nt we? Everything to do with Colwyn Bay and we read about Llandudno and the Orme!!!!    (Picky little beggar)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2010, 06:38:26 pm »
I thought it was safer to have a walk on Anglesey today rather than go up on those icy mountains so I set off for Anglesey in my car at about 9.45am.
I went down my usual route to the A55 via Oak Drive into the narrow section of Llanrwst Road and turned right into Woodland Park.  I turned the sharp corner very slowly but found the back end of the car skidding and I ended up sliding sidewards on the black ice down the road.  I only came to a halt when the car hit the kerb and stopped suddenly.  Normally there is a car parked at that particular spot but luckily for me there were no cars nearby today. 
After that it was a slow crawl down the road to the main road and while this weather continues I'll stick to the main roads!     :o

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »
Hugo, my friend, I dont want you having an accident. Im not sure ( without looking at a street map) whereabouts you started from but I "think" you are somewhere up Kings Road in Colwyn Bay. If so, and no doubt you already know this--but just in case you dont--all that area up towards Colwyn Heights has a remarkedly different weather pattern to down in West End. Ive known the heights cut off by snow on Kings Road and positively warm sunny conditions at the bottom  Mike

Offline Hugo

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 10:45:30 am »
Thanks for your concern Mike.  I do live on the heights and there is indeed a different weather pattern up here.
I've still got snow and ice in my garden and it's been there for 10 days now and there seems no chance of it going in the near future.   I should have known better after living here for 25 years but while this freeze continues I'm sticking to gritted roads only!
I should have taken a photo just to show how bad it is up here but unfortunately I didn't bother.    By the way are you still going on that holiday? It'll be a lot warmer there for sure.   

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2010, 02:07:27 pm »
One consolation Hugo I suppose is that if the ground is covered in snow and well and truly frozen, those badger visitors of yours won't be able to dig holes in your lawn!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:52 pm »
Perhaps not Bellringer, but I've got another problem with the garden now.
Our hairy hound chases them up the garden on the same route everynight and now that particular stretch near the hedge looks like Aintree Racecourse on a heavy going day!      :'(

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:01 pm »
To answer your question about holidays. NO,  My passport was delivered into agents acting for the Indian Gov. on November 3rd. I am still waiting for it back.  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:50 pm »
The Travelodge is pretty much ready to open.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2010, 05:49:17 pm »
Exellent architecture.

Blends in well with the many retirement homes in the area.

:-X

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2010, 06:04:01 pm »
It's certainly a more impressive building than most Travel Lodges which I think can only be described as practical but character-less.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »
I think that all the people that moaned about it being built there should give a public apology and admit "THEY WERE WRONG"

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2010, 06:59:35 pm »
I think it looks ok, blends in well with the building across the road in the background of the photo.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2010, 11:12:03 am »
I see that Huw Evans, Principal of Coleg Llandrillo, is retiring. He has transformed the place, without a doubt.

I remember interviewing him once and he said that answers he gave me would depend upon whether the interview was being recorded or not!  _))*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2010, 10:24:41 am »
There was only half an inch of snow overnight but the snow has already started to freeze and walking on the pavements is quite difficult.    The school was open when I walked past but I noticed that many cars were missing so I expect that some teachers have not been able to get in because of the snow.
My next job is to start clearing the drive for the third time this year!
   :Sisyphus: