Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627328 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1035 on: April 07, 2016, 12:05:20 pm »
... I thought you meant Llandudno for a fleeting moment!

But of course THAT is to come in the next couple of years, when the Pavilion Project gets underway!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1036 on: April 07, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »
Colwyn Bay health centre on track for summer opening
A NEW multi-million pound primary care centre is to open in Colwyn Bay this summer.

Shadow health minister and Clwyd West AM Darren Millar praised progress on the facility after visiting the building, which is based on the site of the former Conway Road Primary School and is expected to open in June.

The centre will serve patients who are currently registered with Rysseldene Surgery, on Conway Road, and Rhoslan Surgery, on Pwllycrochan Avenue.

Mr Millar said: “This is going to be an impressive facility, which will host a pharmacy and replace two GP practices in the town, it will be a fantastic asset to the local community.
“I cut the sod for this development less than 12 months ago, so it was great to return this week to see the progress which has been made. I was told everything is going according to plan and the new centre is on schedule to open its doors to patients in June.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/160646/colwyn-bay-health-centre-on-track-for-summer-opening.aspx

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1037 on: April 07, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »
“I cut the sod for this development less than 12 months ago

That's no way to talk about the CCBC planning chair...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1038 on: April 07, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »
“I cut the sod for this development less than 12 months ago

That's no way to talk about the CCBC planning chair...

?{}?   

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #1039 on: April 07, 2016, 06:46:54 pm »
Apparently, we have our very own Anthony Gormley statues on the prom........... _))* _))*

They look very good, better than the ones on Crosby beach.  Who was reponsible for them ...

http://www.anwcc.org/colwyn-statues.jpg

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1040 on: April 08, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »
Colwyn Bay Promenade year-long closure sparks fury
A large part of Colwyn Bay Promenade could be closed for up to a year if funding is secured for the next stage of the waterfront project.

Some local residents who enjoy going to the beach, or use it as a link road have expressed their dismay with others fearing the closure will deter tourists.
The ongoing Colwyn Bay Waterfront project aims to tackle the condition of coastal waterfront defences, which have been exposed by declining beach levels along the promenade.

Planning permission for phase two of the multi-million pound project was awarded late last year, but Conwy County Council is still waiting to hear if the funding bid is successful.
In preparation for a successful final funding package the local authority has this week issued public notice informing residents that Marine Road to Colwyn Bay Pier will be closed during the construction works for a maximum period of 12 months.
The road order comes into effect on April 25 - emergency access for pedestrians will be maintained.

Cllr Dave Cowans, cabinet member for highways said: “The proposed work includes raising the level of the promenade and road, widening the promenade, creating headland areas, constructing new access to the beach and landscaping.
“The road closure order has been made at this stage in preparation so that if funding is successful work can begin as soon as possible.”

“The exact timing and extent of the road closure will be confirmed when the outcome of the funding bids is known and a public information day will be arranged to share full details.”
He added: “We realise closing this section of promenade will cause disruption, but every effort will be made to keep this to a minimum.”

On the Facebook page of the Colwyn Victoria Pier Trust Campaign, an unimpressed Heather Green wrote: “Just in time for the summer. Why? Should be September start with the aim to finish by June/July for the following summer.”

Donna Coulson added: “Doesn’t that effectively stop any traffic from going along the promenade-there’s not an alternative way round is there?
“Tourists should be told to get off A55 at Old Colwyn if they want to get anywhere near the sea-front - don’t expect the council will think of that!
“For me, that will prevent me going up to Old Colwyn with the dog and driving my child to school along the coast road.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/colwyn-bay-promenade-year-long-11154711

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1041 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:11 pm »
Have CCBC thought of the short stretch of Marine Road that we have been discussing on here recently?    I counted seven vehicles parked under the A55  bridge and the Railway bridge the other day and those vehicles are parked there all day long.  I can't see that being a good thing if the Prom traffic has to divert up Marine Road.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1042 on: April 14, 2016, 10:54:12 pm »
About midday I drove to Old Colwyn beach and passed two coaches from Stoke that were parked in that 15 minute zone opposite the skip.
The children were getting out and it must have been a Muslim school because some of the women wore Burkas and the men had bushy beards and were in traditional dress.
I came past about 40 minutes later and the coaches were still parked there but no sign of the children.  I suppose they must have gone to Eirias Park as there wouldn't be anything in the skip to keep them occupied.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1043 on: April 15, 2016, 01:51:39 pm »
What about the weight limit on the promenade?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1044 on: April 15, 2016, 03:07:29 pm »
Probably both buses were over the limit but how many vehicles take notice of the 7.5 ton limit?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1045 on: April 19, 2016, 05:31:30 pm »
The weather was really nice today and the sandy beach wasn't crowded when I took my dog for a walk there.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1046 on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:34 am »
It looks like it will be another fine day here in Colwyn Bay

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1047 on: April 21, 2016, 07:30:44 am »
Great pics of sunny Colwyn Bay Hugo.  $cool$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Neil

« Reply #1048 on: April 24, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »
Here's a pic of the new artworks on the prom, I like them.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1049 on: April 24, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »
The guy on the left's a bit dodgy looking back at the children!
Valar Morghulis