Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626092 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #990 on: December 16, 2015, 10:15:00 am »
It's even more amazing when you consider that CC might not even exist in the near future...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #991 on: December 16, 2015, 10:36:46 am »
"It's even more amazing when you consider that CC might not even exist in the near future..."

Now the end of CBCC would be no bad thing

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #992 on: December 17, 2015, 04:44:43 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me just how immune councillors and senior council management deem themselves to be from financial reality. Not only do they make sure they are well rewarded but money is always found for vanity projects no matter the cuts made elsewhere. With all councils currently under review who in their right mind would commission plans for a new HQ? Maybe the end of Colwyn Bay Pier would be more suited for them to base themselves in the future.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #993 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:20 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me just how immune councillors and senior council management deem themselves to be from financial reality. Not only do they make sure they are well rewarded but money is always found for vanity projects no matter the cuts made elsewhere. With all councils currently under review who in their right mind would commission plans for a new HQ? Maybe the end of Colwyn Bay Pier would be more suited for them to base themselves in the future.

I am certain that this post echo's the thoughts of the vast majority of the local population.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #994 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:20 am »
I was reading the Pioneer earlier...on page 1 is a load of blurb about this new office building (which is costing £36,000,000 btw), a page or two later I'm reading a lot of doom and gloom from CCBC about cutbacks in spending!  &shake&

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2015, 11:11:21 am »
So how do they find £36,000,000!? This is madness!  :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #996 on: December 18, 2015, 11:42:18 am »
I assume a developer is footing the bill, in return for a very large rent indeed....

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #997 on: December 18, 2015, 11:44:15 am »

Absolute madness, especially if CCBC is going to disappear when the local government reorganisation takes place.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #998 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:07 am »
Sink hole opens up in Abergele Road Colwyn Bay:   The authorities are looking into it.    &shake&

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/all-about/colwyn-bay

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #999 on: December 21, 2015, 05:59:50 pm »
When I saw this on the Daily Post blog .....I thought..... what again, they have only just repaired a sink hole or is it sloppy journalism. Fortunately it is sloppy journalism, or the repair has been done between 07:45 and 17:15 today in world record time. It is number 3 in the most read stories today still!

Still you got a good old joke out of it :Dt

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1000 on: December 23, 2015, 04:36:49 pm »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/colwyn-bay-building-modelled-one-10640830

Surely, given the Council's record, as soon as they found this building was of historical importance they would have applied to demolish it? Oh, and once again they're building new £7m council offices...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1001 on: December 24, 2015, 08:39:06 am »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/colwyn-bay-building-modelled-one-10640830

Surely, given the Council's record, as soon as they found this building was of historical importance they would have applied to demolish it? Oh, and once again they're building new £7m council offices...
Odd how Cllr Hughes makes no mention of the pier in his plans. He used to be very keen on it at one time, being Chairman of the Friends of  the Pier campaign.

As regards the other plans, its significant to me how the only work mentioned is that which is funded by the public sector via grants. The private sector obviously doesn't view Colwyn Bay as an attractive investment proposition.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1002 on: December 24, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »
It's the first time that I've been on the Old Colwyn beach for a few weeks now and I noticed a change on the beach since I last visited.     There is more sand than before and it's moved position quite a bit.
It's true what they say about shifting sands and I suppose that's what makes it difficult for those people involved in planning their sea defence work.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1003 on: December 24, 2015, 05:13:57 pm »
The full Moon looked nice tonight looking across the sea towards Rhyl

Offline hollins

« Reply #1004 on: December 24, 2015, 05:41:31 pm »
What a stunning picture Hugo.
You are so lucky to have that view.