Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627393 times)

Offline Linda

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »

Yes, I reckon Three towns forum could certainly solve quite a lot,

I've got a couple of shovels but not a lot of energy!!

)*)&  Brains not brawn is called for  :roll:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:51:14 am by Ian »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2013, 10:29:57 pm »
are the shovels to move the sand or knock the councils heads to get a bit of sense  _))*

Take your pick. 

Oh dear, just realised what I've just typed, sorry about that!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »
are the shovels to move the sand or knock the councils heads to get a bit of sense  _))*

It can't be for the Councillors Norman because where there is no sense there is no feeling!

Offline Minime

« Reply #528 on: November 26, 2013, 01:42:20 pm »
Anyone know what incident happened in pwllychrochan woods?  Plod has knocked advising not to go in the woods alone as there had been a one off incident last night, no cause for alarm but be vigilant.  Right some details may be helpful to stop the mind going into overdrive!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator

Offline Minime

« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:02 pm »
Cheers dave that puts me at ease not!  Some knuckle dusters and a baseball bat when I take the dog out then.....

Offline Hugo

« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2013, 01:02:54 pm »
It was bad on the seafront earlier and I can see that the tide is still high in Rhos on Sea.   Thank goodness for the breakwater there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25220290

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #532 on: December 26, 2013, 06:53:15 pm »
If anyone got a Kindle off Santa there's a free e-book currently available from Amazon called "The House In Wales" by Richard Rhys Jones.

"Product Description

From the flames of Man, straight to the flames of Hell.

Recently orphaned by the bombing of Liverpool at the start of World War Two, Danny Kelly is evacuated to the relative safety of Colwyn Bay, unaware of the evil that awaits him there.

Once there, he is cast into the oppressive realm of Satan and his acolytes, a world of escalating human sacrifice and voracious desires, lorded over by a village priest and his seemingly prim housekeeper.

Will Danny, isolated, inexperienced and vulnerable, survive where so many others have recently succumbed?

Or will there be another victim claimed by ‘The House in Wales’?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C2SL5DY/?tag=ho01f-21

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #533 on: December 27, 2013, 12:21:57 pm »
If anyone got a Kindle off Santa there's a free e-book currently available from Amazon called "The House In Wales" by Richard Rhys Jones.
I read it a couple of months back. Please be warned that, although it starts off ok, there are some very adult themes later in the book that some people might not like at all.  &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #534 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:06 pm »
Have read about a 3rd of it having picked up the post first thing.
Very reminiscent of Richard Laymon's books of which I have read all.--- don't read if easily offended ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #535 on: December 28, 2013, 01:24:08 pm »
Finished the book last night. The 'adult themes' didn't bother me, but I can imagine some people being horrified, as Dave R suggested.
Fat Andy-- have you tried Richard Laymon, John Saul and Graham Masterton? If you enjoyed The House in Wales these authors will be just your cup of tea. If you can still stomach one that is having read some of the above !! :o ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2013, 11:53:40 am »
Finished the book last night. The 'adult themes' didn't bother me, but I can imagine some people being horrified, as Dave R suggested.
Fat Andy-- have you tried Richard Laymon, John Saul and Graham Masterton? If you enjoyed The House in Wales these authors will be just your cup of tea. If you can still stomach one that is having read some of the above !! :o ;D
Funland by Richard Laymon is one of my horror favourites.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:25 pm »
CAIS have done a good job of converting the former Judge & Jury in Station Road into Porters Coffee Shop & Bistro. The building was originally the Municipal Building for Colwyn Bay back in the 1890s, and housed a bank, town hall, police station, court and cells!

Offline Gaylord Screwsby

« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

Graham Masterton seems to have moved onto crime novels set in Ireland which I don't think are as good as his earlier horror works. Still OK though.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »

Funland by Richard Laymon is one of my horror favourites.
[/quote]

Pity he died so young.

Have you read 'Beast House'?

I agree about Graham Masterton-- I prefer his earlier horror novels. I am a bit the same with Steven King. I re-read Pet Cemetery and Christine earlier this year. Christine spooks me out !!!