Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626863 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2013, 11:57:38 pm »
still not as bad as 1963, snowed new years day and froze for 14 weeks, we got married on the 23 of Feb it was that cold the photographer asked us to leave out the guest photo,s , mainly because the bride maids would have been frozen.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »
I've not long come back after walking my dog and came back looking like an abominable snowman when a heavy snowfall came down while I was out walking.  Thankfully it has stopped now and the snow has melted

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #377 on: March 27, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »
still not as bad as 1963, snowed new years day and froze for 14 weeks, we got married on the 23 of Feb it was that cold the photographer asked us to leave out the guest photo,s , mainly because the bride maids would have been frozen.

I remember that Snowcap-- I was studying at Bradford Tech and had to get there on 3 buses. No joke when we used to wear straight skirts and stiletto heels.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #378 on: March 27, 2013, 05:21:55 pm »
No joke when we used to wear straight skirts and stiletto heels.

And that was just the fellas!      ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #379 on: March 28, 2013, 10:52:32 am »
Them an' all ! :o _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #380 on: March 29, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »
The old Market Hall, Princes Drive, in the process of demolition:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »
Very heavy Police presence in Colwyn Bay today for the football match against Chester FC:

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #382 on: March 30, 2013, 04:13:58 pm »
Did you tell them the ground is on Llanelian Road as they appear to be heading towards the West End? ;D

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #383 on: March 30, 2013, 05:56:15 pm »
1100 Chester fans expected, and they smashed the place up last time. Though I haven't heard of any trouble this time. Kick of was at noon and all the local pubs were closed which must have helped!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: March 30, 2013, 08:01:06 pm »
I've never seen so many police and police vehicles in Colwyn Bay. Who is footing the bill, Chester FC?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #385 on: March 30, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »
There's always lots of arguments about this in football, in general it's the police not the clubs who bear the cost.
However in excessive circumstances the police will try and force the clubs to pay - this happens a LOT in Glasgow!!

Be interesting to see about this one, but whatever way it's still a bumper home game for the Bay alone - the'll be making as much today, just in ticket sales as they usually do in 4 or 5 home games.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:08 pm »
The kick off was actually at 1.00pm and the only trouble was that Chester were a far stronger side.The pubs were not all closed, you had to know which door to use and be a regular as the S£Y game kicked off at 12:45.

To be fair the last time Chester came to town the 1100 fans did not smash the place up it was the usual minority who did that.......we do not blame all the Germans for the world wars do we?

Colwyn Bay FC had to foot the policing bill so the take was greatly reduced :'(

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2013, 07:35:10 pm »
Going back a few days to Dave's post about the old Judge and Jury in Station Road, colwyn bay be ing turned into an alcohol advice centre. Rather ironic. At least any customers/users will as likely as not know the building. Mike

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »
Going back a few days to Dave's post about the old Judge and Jury in Station Road, colwyn bay be ing turned into an alcohol advice centre. Rather ironic. At least any customers/users will as likely as not know the building. Mike

I believe the plan is for CAIS to open a cafe/bistro where former substance users can go to receive training and work experience to help them get their lives back on track, basically it will be like Cafe CAIS in Llandudno but probably a bit more upmarket (which may make it the first time any organisation has gone upmarket by expanding from Llandudno into Colwyn Bay).  I don't believe there'll be any treatment services based there.

It's therefore more likely that customers won't know the building but the staff will.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »
They're doing a great job in restoring one of Colwyn Bay's most interesting buildings. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that they will be operating a business in competition with other cafes & restaurants but having the financial advantages of being a charity - this seems fundamentally unfair to me.