Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627408 times)

Offline dwsi

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2012, 05:35:17 pm »
Man suffers serious back injuries in North Wales ravine fall - News - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/yV1zoL

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »
The Inshore Lifeboat has been called out to an incident at Colwyn Bay. It is just being launched from the Slipway by the new Waterfront Centre.
Two young men had a lucky escape this evening when they were rescued by RNLI lifeboat after the engines of their outboard-powered inflatables both failed some way off Colwyn Bay.

When the alarm was raised one of the pair had already tried, without success, to swim ashore, and as a result was extremely cold.

Called out by Coastguards at 7 p.m., Llandudno's inshore lifeboat launched from Colwyn Bay pier slipway twelve minutes later. The two men were quickly picked up and in view of their very cold condition were taken ashore immediately to where a specially-tasked ambulance was waiting. The casualties were handed over to the paramedics whilst the lifeboat returned to sea to recover the two inflatables.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:12 pm »
What a fantastic job these guys do  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:16 pm »
What a fantastic job these guys do  $good$
I second that; one of the best charities to support, in my view.  $good$

Offline martin

« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2012, 10:30:36 am »
It really does make you think.  Without people like the RNLI volunteers who are willing to give their time, and sadly, sometimes their lives, these two lads would almost certainly be dead, what a fantastic job they do. $good$

Offline dwsi

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
North Wales Chinese restaurant owner fined for hygiene offences - North Wales News - News - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/z69Vl7

Offline Jack

« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:36 pm »
Great to see so many thousands of supporters at Eirias Park for the under 20s rugby between Wales and Scotland.  I was supposed to be there too but a severe case of 'man flu' has meant I will have to be content watching it on S4C.  Great that it is so well supported and a great facility for gogledd cymru  $walesflag$

Offline SCMP

« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
North Wales Chinese restaurant owner fined for hygiene offences - North Wales News - News - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/z69Vl7

I was reading the pioneer yesterday and that chinese restaurant had paid for a full page advertisment to encourage business.... i turned the page and low and behold the article about the hygiene offences and descriptions of mold in the kitchen etc!!! oops!

SCMP

Offline outlawowl

« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2012, 09:46:24 pm »
perhaps the Chinese restaurant knew the article was going in and wanted to try and negate the bad publicity rather than it being an oops!!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:30 am »
Colwyn Bay Prom currently closed due to weather conditions.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2012, 07:07:22 pm »
The entrance to the old Indoor Market Hall in Princes Drive has been boarded up. CCBC bought the whole building a couple of weeks ago and plan to demolish the lot and redevelop as shops with offices above.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:37 pm »
I was disturbed to hear today that two new businesses (cafe and chip shop respectively) in Station Road had their windows broken a week or two back. An anonymous letter was pushed through the door of the chip shop stating that they were not welcome in Colwyn Bay and should go back to Rhyl. Both businesses have spent a substantial amount of money to set up in Colwyn Bay, their businesses look very attractive and this sort of behaviour is deplorable.  &shake&

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »
   Having been brought up in Rhos and later in life spent around 40 years in or close to Rhyl, Ive got feet in both camps.
   Unfortunately this anti Rhyl businesses coming west is pretty prevalent. I hate to say this because the person who said it to me is a close relative but ----- a few years ago a man by the name of John Povah (from Rhyl) started a fishing/boating business at the Rhos Point. It was said to me, not in jest "We dont want people from Rhyl coming along here changing things." I think they meant livening it up a bit. Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »
I find it amazing. It's not like Colwyn Bay is that superior to Rhyl these days.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
The Forties Festival in Colwyn Bay last Saturday was a big success, lots of people about.