Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626757 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1320 on: October 06, 2017, 09:07:47 am »
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1321 on: October 07, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »
It looks like the HQ of a secretive govt dept, dedicated to monitoring and oppressing the will of the people. Oh wait...  :laugh:

... and wasting money?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
« Reply #1322 on: October 12, 2017, 08:05:17 pm »
Can some one tell me how many staff CCBC employ .The new offices in Colwyn Bay appears huge surely we don't employ that many people to fill that building . 

Offline alw

« Reply #1323 on: October 12, 2017, 08:57:01 pm »
Can some one tell me how many staff CCBC employ .The new offices in Colwyn Bay appears huge surely we don't employ that many people to fill that building .

750 administrative staff  share about 450 "hot desks" . A great many of the staff have a roaming remit and their old traditional desk was empty for most of the day, they are already using the this system at their old bases

I often attend meetings with council staff and their "office" moves with them. At any CCBC premises, such as a leisure centre, they log into  server using the corporate WiFi from their laptops and then plug their telephone handset into a USB port. To all intents and purposes they are at their own desk, all their software, reports and email are available and their public 01492 phone number works just as any fixed line.

No longer do they have to promise to look something up back at the office, or send me an email later, everything is to hand, everywhere.

It is almost magic, but in reality it is just 21st century management.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1324 on: October 25, 2017, 11:57:53 am »
The Air Ambulance helicopter came hovering above the Heights 10 minutes ago but I didn't see it land up here.

I've just seen it again and it is hovering quite low over the Pen Y Brtn School area

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1325 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:51 pm »
Not long after the helicopter came back Mrs H had to drive down Kings Drive and the Police were there directing traffic.   Apparently there had been a car crash on that bad bend near the top of the hill  so that may be the reason for the Air Ambulance Helicopter.
I just hope that there were no serious injuries to the people involved.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1326 on: November 16, 2017, 04:05:58 pm »
Council's £35m offices taking shape with project manager saying they will be 'cost effective'

Council's office development is not a 'palace for members' says project boss.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/councils-35m-offices-taking-shape-13904157

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1327 on: December 07, 2017, 11:16:00 am »
Colwyn Bay concerts 'vital to trade' say businesses after £440K boost

Last summer the Little Mix and Bryan Adams concerts brought 26,000 people to the town.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/colwyn-bay-concerts-vital-trade-14001324

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1328 on: December 07, 2017, 11:30:31 am »
Colwyn Bay concerts 'vital to trade' say businesses after £440K boost

Last summer the Little Mix and Bryan Adams concerts brought 26,000 people to the town.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/colwyn-bay-concerts-vital-trade-14001324
Yes. 26,000 people drove into town, went to the concert, and then drove home again.  :laugh:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1329 on: December 07, 2017, 01:16:09 pm »
It's very difficult to assess the intangible benefits of that sort of thing.  I suppose hotel rooms, peripheral expenditure, and local employment might be possible spin-offs but very hard to assess.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline alw

« Reply #1330 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »
It's very difficult to assess the intangible benefits of that sort of thing.  I suppose hotel rooms, peripheral expenditure, and local employment might be possible spin-offs but very hard to assess.

Not sure about local employment.

Local firms did not provide the stage, sound and lighting and the security staff came from a company in Stafford.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1331 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:10 am »
We didn't get the heavy fall of snow  we were expecting overnight but it is still snowing lightly now

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1332 on: February 13, 2018, 09:10:02 am »
It was snowing quite a bit a short while ago,  but thankfully it has eased up now

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1333 on: February 13, 2018, 10:27:03 am »
A sign that said ‘free parking’ was not all it appeared to be ... and 12 motorists who took it at face value ended up being slapped with parking tickets.

The yellow sign boldly boasted that parking was free in the Ivy Street car park in Colwyn Bay.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/free-parking-sign-isnt-seems-14282157

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1334 on: February 13, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »
After looking at the link you posted Steve, I saw this article about bad parking and there was certainly no festive spirit seen in the clips, more likely that spirit of another kind may account for such atrocious parking

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/bad-parking-north-wales-christmas-14058500