Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627457 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #735 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:15 pm »
It was like like listening to Born to Run arguing with Ian on this Forum.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #736 on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:34 am »
I think John Martin's departure from Colwyn Bay F.C. had something to do with the Gary Speed Memorial 10k race.  It sounds like their was some sort of argument or disagreement with how it was organised.  I suspect though there was more to it than that, the 10k was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #737 on: August 01, 2014, 08:57:08 am »
They used camels?  :o

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:52 am »
They used camels?

Well, at least we know why he took the hump...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #739 on: August 01, 2014, 02:42:51 pm »
It looks like the BayView Centre is about to reach 100% occupancy.  The unit outside where the Bay Gallery had been is currently being re-fitted.  There's no signage yet but I assume this will be Brighthouse who are advertising for staff in the Bay. 

The empty unit inside next door to Holland & Barrett is also being refitted and will opening as Autonomy Ladieswear - http://www.autonomystores.com/home/4569612921.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #740 on: August 04, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »
The former Age Cymru shop at the top of Station Road is to become a Coffee Shop.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #741 on: September 11, 2014, 12:57:21 pm »
"New master plan drawn up to 'transform the fortunes' of Colwyn Bay"

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/138051/new-master-plan-drawn-up-to-transform-the-fortunes-of-colwyn-bay.aspx

Another one? How many Masterplans have we had for Colwyn Bay? Penrhyn Road looks quite smart now, but the rest of the town centre leaves a great deal to be desired, despite many millions of investment. The new pathway to the Prom from Station Square looks nothing special, just some fancy paving.

I suppose at least our masters have finally realised the sense of opening Station Road to traffic once again. Shame it took them twenty years longer than the rest of the population to work out it was a good idea.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #742 on: September 11, 2014, 10:14:46 pm »
I look forward to the Llandudno Masterplan,  Oh wait!, we have the Llandudno Development Plan,.......... but mysteriously it never mentions anything about little things like the Pier Pavilion Site.    &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #743 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:37 am »
I suppose at least our masters have finally realised the sense of opening Station Road to traffic once again. Shame it took them twenty years longer than the rest of the population to work out it was a good idea.

But these things need careful consideration over many years.  Can't rush them, y'know :-))))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #744 on: September 23, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »
I was driving on the A55 through Old Colwyn this afternoon about 2.30pm and a Police car had pulled up another car and behind the car was a van with Immigration listed on the side.
It's the first time that I have seen an Immigration van in the area, although I know that they have been about for a bit

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2014, 01:49:23 am »
You need to get out more! ;D

I understand that raids into our 'overseas' run restaurants is due a resurgence over the next few months.

Offline BMD

« Reply #746 on: September 25, 2014, 02:48:24 pm »
A couple of things I've just seen on the Internet seem worth mentioning:

David Jones MP says: "I'm told a certain cabinet member on @ConwyCBC directed councillors not to attend the #ColwynBay tidal lagoon meeting. Hope that's untrue." And: "If @ConwyCBC can't see the potential benefits of the #ColwynBay tidal lagoon, it's a very sad day."

Also, Tom Davidson mentions that 'Work on Colwyn Bay waterfront has "slipped behind schedule" and will be finished "sometime in October" according to Bay Life strategic board'.

A bistro, or anything resembling a cafe in Porth Eirias, meanwhile stills appears to be a distant hope at best.

Links:
https://twitter.com/DavidJonesMP/status/514833434838319104
https://twitter.com/WeeklyNewsBay/status/515130222736592896

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #747 on: September 25, 2014, 11:06:32 pm »
  I drive along the prom twice a day, everyday. I laughed to myself when I read somewhere that the work on the prom would be quote "completed before the end of the month."
   Doesn't say what month of course. But presuming that they meant September it is obvious to any simple non construction educated observer that there wasn't a chance in hell of that happening. It would take until the end of the month just to get the assorted skips, diggers, offices, pallets etc etc cleared away never mind finishing off the actual construction operations. Why do people make these stupid remarks?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #748 on: September 26, 2014, 08:06:34 am »
Why do people make these stupid remarks?

Presumably because there are sufficient stupid people around to believe them?  :twoface: :twoface: :twoface:

Offline BMD

« Reply #749 on: October 02, 2014, 04:11:03 pm »
The beach between the pier and Rhos looking good - golden in the early Autumn sunshine, and settled a bit more (no caterpillar tracks, etc). The other side of the pier (towards the Skip) starting to look nearer completion.

The big concrete "anchor" (the one with the plaque, alongside the ramp from the pier to the station) was being destroyed by heavy machinery as I strolled past. Wonder why? Presumably they are putting something in its place. A sign with directions to the bistro, maybe?