Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627129 times)

Offline welshwiz

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #510 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »
Why do they put on twitter? not a lot of help if your driving ???

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #511 on: October 31, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »
   I dont suppose anything put on 3townsforum is a lot of use if you are driving

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #512 on: November 01, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
   I dont suppose anything put on 3townsforum is a lot of use if you are driving

Unless, of course, you are on the first tee with your 3G phone in your hand!     :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2013, 03:11:17 pm »
Why do they put on twitter? not a lot of help if your driving ???

It's even less use if you're not on Twitter.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #514 on: November 01, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »
This afternoon Mrs Medz and I went for a brief leaf kicking (ended up as leaf mulch kicking after all the rain!) walk through Fairy Glen in Old Colwyn and on the way back to the car came across Llanelian Road Cemetery. I must admit to never having noticed it before but the derelict building inside the graveyard on further investigation was very strange in shape and architecture. With what looked like some sort of alter or table in the middle of the building.  I can see from google that it describes the place as being a  morgue but can't find any more info on the place. Putting Llanelian into Google also brought up some reference to a murder in a flat there in 2010. Spooky. The day after Halloween probably wasn't a good time to discover it! Has anyone got any more information about the place?

Offline BMD

« Reply #515 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:21 pm »
The shop replacing Rooms & Blooms has opened. It's similar in a way to the former shop/café  - it sells coffee beans & loose tea, etc, and has a nicely arranged/decorated café area. It also stocks (and is heated by) infra-red heating panels, which look pretty good. After I chatted with the lady there about coffee, she kindly gave me a free sample of coffee beans. So that gets my thumbs-up - give it a try.  $good$

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #516 on: November 13, 2013, 06:25:47 pm »
The Celtic Winter Fayre kicks off tomorrow in Colwyn Bay.  Three marquees were being set up on Sea View Road along with a couple of wooden sheds at lunchtime today.  I'll be lunching in style tomorrow on free miniature cubes of cheese and bits of broken cream crackers dipped in relish  $good$.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #517 on: November 15, 2013, 04:29:02 pm »
I drove along the promenade this afternoon and noticed sand on the promenade on the Rhos side of the pier, obviously caused by yesterday's strong winds. Couldn't help but wonder if this is the start of another West Shore type of issue or just a 'one off'.

Offline Linda

« Reply #518 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »
I drove along the promenade this afternoon and noticed sand on the promenade on the Rhos side of the pier, obviously caused by yesterday's strong winds. Couldn't help but wonder if this is the start of another West Shore type of issue or just a 'one off'.

That part of the road has been hit quite a lot with sand and its only November  :)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #519 on: November 15, 2013, 10:42:34 pm »
that won,t be a 1 off ,it will happen all the time as the sand is level with the prom along there so it will blow on the road they won,t listen .

Online Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #520 on: November 16, 2013, 11:17:26 am »
I've seen it already and my immediate thoughts were of West Shore Llandudno were the "consultants" have ruined the area.     

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #521 on: November 16, 2013, 11:28:22 am »
I've seen it already and my immediate thoughts were of West Shore Llandudno were the "consultants" have ruined the area.   

Problem is they use very expensive Consultants when the real answer is free, one just has to apply some "Common Sense" as is readily available in the $3towns$.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #522 on: November 16, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

Problem is they use very expensive Consultants when the real answer is free, one just has to apply some "Common Sense" as is readily available in the $3towns$.

Yes, I reckon Three towns forum could certainly solve quite a lot, with a little common sense and the expertise available on here. Who needs Consultants  ZXZ

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #523 on: November 16, 2013, 09:37:29 pm »
Yes, I reckon Three towns forum could certainly solve quite a lot,

I've got a couple of shovels but not a lot of energy!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:50:36 am by Ian »

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #524 on: November 16, 2013, 10:14:35 pm »
are the shovels to move the sand or knock the councils heads to get a bit of sense  _))*