Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626086 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2013, 07:07:04 am »
Here is a link to the report from the guys at the watersports centre about the submerged car.

http://www.colwynbaywatersports.co.uk/news/eventful-few-days/

Offline penpal

« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2013, 12:58:47 pm »
Does anyone know what has happened to Rooms and Blooms on Abergele rd (opp Stermat?)  Went there yesterday am and removal vans - didn't know they were up'ing sticks  :'(

Offline BMD

« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »
Does anyone know what has happened to Rooms and Blooms on Abergele rd (opp Stermat?)  Went there yesterday am and removal vans - didn't know they were up'ing sticks  :'(

It seems that their shop/property has been up for sale: http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/asp/detail.asp?p=549

It's a shame if they are going - it's the only place I know in the region that supplies a good range of gourmet coffee beans.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #468 on: September 07, 2013, 04:22:05 pm »
Deane's Removals were outside Rooms & Blooms this morning moving stuff in.  I had a quick glance through the door and it looked like there were jars of coffee beans just to the left as you go in.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline BMD

« Reply #469 on: September 07, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »
Deane's Removals were outside Rooms & Blooms this morning moving stuff in.  I had a quick glance through the door and it looked like there were jars of coffee beans just to the left as you go in.

Funnily enough, I just walked past myself and noticed the coffee bean jars - perhaps they are the last items to be moved out (pretty much everything else seemed to have gone). If they've been left I might make an offer for them - those ultra-dark-roast continental and sumatra lingtong beans are a seriously valuable commodity.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #470 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34:59 pm »
If there's any Kopi Luwak it's mine (but to sell on rather than for personal consumption  :'().

Emo Philips

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #471 on: September 07, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
If there's any Kopi Luwak it's mine (but to sell on rather than for personal consumption  :'().

Wuss! It'll put hairs on your chest.  :)
Valar Morghulis

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #472 on: September 07, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »

Wuss! It'll put hairs on your chest.  :)

That would have been been good once upon a time, the problem is these days they'd all be grey  :(.

Emo Philips

Offline penpal

« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »
Apparently a "coffee" company / folk have bought the property so the retail part will be staying - this is all just here say - not confirmation :) fingers crossed Z**

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #474 on: September 17, 2013, 11:31:16 am »
One of the shops just down from the theatre has a sign in the window saying "Indian Restaurant/Takeaway coming soon".  I'm not sure Colwyn Bay necessarily needs another takeaway but the shop concerned has been closed for so long I can't remember what it used to be and it's being looking a bit derelict so it's good news that it will finally be reoccupied.

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: September 17, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »
One of the shops just down from the theatre has a sign in the window saying "Indian Restaurant/Takeaway coming soon".  I'm not sure Colwyn Bay necessarily needs another takeaway but the shop concerned has been closed for so long I can't remember what it used to be and it's being looking a bit derelict so it's good news that it will finally be reoccupied.
Didnt it used to be an Abandoned Animals Association charity shop for a while?

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #476 on: September 17, 2013, 02:22:45 pm »
Didnt it used to be an Abandoned Animals Association charity shop for a while?

That sounds like the one, I think I remember the signage outside but I don't remember the shop being open (and I've worked in Colwyn Bay for four years now).  I've got a vague recollection that Dan's Den were in there for a while but if they were that must have a few years ago as well.

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: September 17, 2013, 05:24:22 pm »
I think you're right. It's been an eyesore for quite a few years now, I remember the flats above were occupied by some dubious characters.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #478 on: September 17, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »
Yorkie and fester playing scrabble

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »
Yorkie and fester playing scrabble

You've guessed!  We have a reet proper gambling den there.   The dowdy look is just to disguise our activities from the uninitiated.  As may West would say, "OK, Big Boy, come up and join me sometime!"
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero