Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626276 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2013, 11:22:12 pm »
That third picture...... the seawater looks to be inches from you!   :o :o :o
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:19 pm »
Yes it looks like it, but happily neither me, camera or car got wet!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Linda

« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2013, 10:39:35 pm »
I don't know how many people driving through Colwyn bay east would have used their cameras today. I had to do double take as couldn't believe what i saw ,a woman stood posing in her doorway completely topless,and nearly bottomless too.  :o Obviously been sunbathing white patches couldn't be missed. I probably wouldn't have blinked an eye abroad but Abergele road ,main busroute and very busy road. Hope there were no accidents , looked a little burnt though.  Oh my, what a lovely sight for any visitors (uch! not) .Not a pretty sight believe me.  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2013, 07:57:36 am »
I don't know how many people driving through Colwyn bay east would have used their cameras today. I had to do double take as couldn't believe what i saw ,a woman stood posing in her doorway completely topless,and nearly bottomless too.  :o Obviously been sunbathing white patches couldn't be missed. I probably wouldn't have blinked an eye abroad but Abergele road ,main busroute and very busy road. Hope there were no accidents , looked a little burnt though.  Oh my, what a lovely sight for any visitors (uch! not) .Not a pretty sight believe me.  ;D
Fester is asking if you could be more specific about the address?  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2013, 09:50:35 am »
 _))* _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Linda

« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »
Tell Fester how much is it worth, we could do a deal ! had our car repaired today  _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »
Had a walk through Eirias park today, the area by the lake is looking very tatty and run down.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2013, 11:52:02 pm »
It's being mismanaged..  &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2013, 05:47:37 pm »
There has been a large ship in the Bay for a few days and I suppose that it has something to do with the wind farms.  I've picked up my binocs and on the side of the ship it says "Floating Hotels"
It may be nice on board but I wouldn't fancy staying there in these winds!     

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »
Hugo, are you sure its been there for a few days? Because, at the height of the strong winds yesterday afternoon, I thought I spotted it arriving off the Little Orme and assumed it was running for shelter.
   The large cable layer from Pensarn to the windfarm has been around for several weeks. Far be it from me to accuse you of being confused between the two.
   But ---- if you'r not --- then I am HaHa

Offline Hugo

« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2013, 11:11:19 pm »
Hi Mike,  hope that you are well and that these high winds are not affecting the course too much.   It's the same boat Mike, when I'm on the computer the window overlooks the Bay and it's been in the same spot for a few days. At the moment it's still at anchor and lit up in the Bay.  I can also see another smaller craft at anchor not too far away from that boat.
I can't make out the name of the boat but if I was nearer the shore then perhaps I could.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #431 on: June 24, 2013, 08:34:31 am »
Hi Mike,  hope that you are well and that these high winds are not affecting the course too much.   It's the same boat Mike, when I'm on the computer the window overlooks the Bay and it's been in the same spot for a few days. At the moment it's still at anchor and lit up in the Bay.  I can also see another smaller craft at anchor not too far away from that boat.
I can't make out the name of the boat but if I was nearer the shore then perhaps I could.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

Wind Solution ( Floating Hotels ) used for the wind farm.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #432 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:58 am »
Thanks very much bigbadhenry for that information.   The ship is still in the same place and sounds like it has all the facilities for an enjoyable stay.   The wind has died down a bit today and it would be nice to be on board it today.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #433 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »
Hello bbhenry, you write that this boat is used for the wind farm. My mind boggles.i know they need a lot of construction staff, but--. If you are correct what on earth does it do?
 And thanks Hugo. I appreciate that you have an excellent view of this boat from your house. And I certainly don't want to fall out over this. But I've got an excellent view of it driving past Rhos point every day, and the first time I saw it was Saturday afternoon.
  So, assuming that we are both correct, do you think it slips away for an hour or two every so often? This is the only sensible solution unless one or other of us is going a bit---you know what I mean.
Seeing that I am older than you I suppose the finger will be pointed at me.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #434 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:04 pm »

And thanks Hugo. I appreciate that you have an excellent view of this boat from your house. And I certainly don't want to fall out over this. But I've got an excellent view of it driving past Rhos point every day, and the first time I saw it was Saturday afternoon.
  So, assuming that we are both correct, do you think it slips away for an hour or two every so often? This is the only sensible solution unless one or other of us is going a bit---you know what I mean.
Seeing that I am older than you I suppose the finger will be pointed at me.

It was there earlier Mike but it has gone away now.  I've been working in the back garden today so I didn't see when it left the Bay but it may have been there to shelter from the winds we have had recently.     You could be right when you say that it may slip away for an hour or two.  I'll have a look again for it later.