Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627126 times)

Offline Ian48

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »
I noticed this and must admit, I think it's always annoying when article titles are written like this. It maybe should have just said 'Imperial Hotel Building Sold' because that's all that has happened.

As for Colwyn Bay, I think it's a bit early to say 'business is booming'. I really hope it is as it would be great to see the Bay back on the way up. I must say though, last time I was there a few months ago, I was pretty shocked by it. Even compared to when I used to go there regularly in the early to mid 90s, it seems worse today.

Some of the buildings have been done-up beautifully though. I think part of the problem is the people you come into contact with. It's a shame that some of those now displaced from the worst parts of Rhyl by regeneration are moving in ever greater numbers to Colwyn Bay. Subhumans might be too strong a term, but.....

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #271 on: November 04, 2011, 07:38:53 pm »
This is what Bob Squire has been telling the council he sits on for many years.......problems(challenges to put a positive spin on it) brought in from outside the area.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:31 pm »
Bob Squire was right!

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2011, 07:50:41 pm »
Marine Road in Colwyn Bay.......why have people started parking under the A55/Railway Bridge over the last few months?

Surely this is a hazzard preventing the traffic from flowing freely........yesterday a white van was parked there causing problems at about 5.00pm and it was there again tonight. The red Renault Clio parked there had an expired tax disc when I walked past last Thursday afternoon.

I know there are no yellow lines under the bridges but surely people know it could cause an accident restricting the road width so 2 cars cannot pass without stopping......and it is such a busy area.

I am surprised the council have not been to yellow line the area.......there are much wider roads in Colwyn  Bay which have been double yellowed in the last couple of years......Conway Road at the top of Marine Road for example in front of Queens Gardens.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:33 pm »
This is a new one on me. It's certainly a stupid place to park and not the sort of place you'd want to leave a vehicle for long either!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2011, 11:55:54 am »
I've seen cars parked there on a number of occasions and it is a stupid and dangerous place to park. I think that people are parking there because the Council have imposed time limits on all the roads near the town centre and unless there are double yellow lines on the road then they are legally able to park under the bridge so they just do it.
As for the red Renault Clio with an out of date tax disc, then it should have been reported to the Police as it is illegal and won't be covered for insurance purpose, that is if it is insured anyway.
  It's thoughtless people like that, that puts the price of insurance premiums up for the rest of us.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2011, 04:15:05 pm »
I've seen cars parked there on a number of occasions and it is a stupid and dangerous place to park. I think that people are parking there because the Council have imposed time limits on all the roads near the town centre and unless there are double yellow lines on the road then they are legally able to park under the bridge so they just do it.

I think you will find that the only place that it is legal to parkon the public highway is in an area specifically set aside and marked to allow parking.    Any other place on the road is classed as obstructing the highway, although generally a blind eye is turned to it.
 :(
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #277 on: December 08, 2011, 07:37:19 pm »
The cars are not causing the same obstruction anymore..........they have taken to parking on the pavement!!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:15 pm »
The drivers better watch out - Big Brother could leap ionto action!

As with most elements of traffic management, local authorities have the power under the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 to make Traffic Regulation Orders, allowing for specific parking regulations to be implemented in specific areas, according to the demands of local circumstances.  Local authorities can for example introduce a Traffic Regulation Order in a single road banning the parking of vehicles on any part of the pavement (these bans must be indicated with traffic signs), whilst a range of other methods can be used to manage pavement parking, including the introduction of bollards and heightened kerbs.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2011, 12:51:21 am »
The cars are not causing the same obstruction anymore..........they have taken to parking on the pavement!!

A great Album is 'A Farewell to Kings;, by Rush.... well done Cygnus X-1
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2011, 07:56:39 pm »
Fester ..........I gave the disc of ''A Farewell to Kings'' a spin last Wednesday whilst the house was empty, at a volume the teenage children complain about!

It took me back to February 1978 Liverpool Empire and the first time I saw Rush.....twin neck guitars, dry-ice etc........... I even read the tour programme whilst listening.......what a  :( 50 year-old!!

PS......there was still a car parked under the bridge at 5.30pm tonight on the pavement. :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2011, 11:26:29 pm »
I saw RUSH at Queens Hall Leeds in the early 80's, a fabulous gig in a crap soul-less venue, (a vast former tram shed basically)
I still have most of the Rush albums, some on vinyl.... and I really must get round to transferring all my favourite records onto CD... eventually... one day???

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2011, 10:19:08 pm »
i saw Rush many times at liverpool what a striker, brilliant

Offline dwsi

« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2011, 11:27:14 pm »
Nearly all of the 2000 seats in the new grandstand at Eirias Park was sold out today for this game ->

North Wales RUC - News - RGC 1404 U18 go down 17-22 in Sunday afternoon thriller against Cardiff Blues http://bit.ly/tDWHoN

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »
My husband found this photo today of his mother and grandmother.
We think it is Colwyn Bay and it was taken in 1967.