Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626932 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2011, 10:56:10 pm »
Has to be said that Penrhyn Road is the smartest street in Colwyn Bay now, looks a lot better than it did a few years ago.

Offline poppy

« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2011, 11:08:47 pm »
Another shopfront on Penrhyn Road has been 'victorianised' with the aid of Townscape Heritage Initiative cash:

I saw the same thing today. Looking better......

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:15 pm »
A Property Management Company has asked me to put forward names to them of reputable LOCAL businesses for them to consider and accredit for Property Maintenance and also businesses for regular Garden Maintenance for a new development they currently manage on the far side of Old Colwyn.

Any recommendations?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:46 am »
Are there no suitable businesses locally?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:19 am »
I cannot believe there are no suitable businesses locally in either Colwyn Bay or Old Colwyn.

This work may have to remain with contractors on the Wirral.

On the other hand, a lack of replies may also demonstrate how little this site is viewed by viewers east of Rhos-on-Sea.

Offline poppy

« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2011, 09:17:24 am »
A Property Management Company has asked me to put forward names to them of reputable LOCAL businesses for them to consider and accredit for Property Maintenance and also businesses for regular Garden Maintenance for a new development they currently manage on the far side of Old Colwyn.

Any recommendations?

I thought the entry was a tad unclear. I'm still not sure what it means. Call me stupid......!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2011, 11:02:21 am »
Please let me know, poppy, what you do not understand and I will do my best to explain. $good$

Offline poppy

« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:26 am »
A quick read leads to the conclusion that the property management company wants to accredit the work of local businesses to themselves.  :o

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2011, 03:53:21 pm »
poppy, the Management Company wish to appoint local contractors to carry work onsite for them on a regular basis on their new site in Old Colwyn instead of sending people down from away.

The accreditation will come from a business having appropriate insurance in place. e.g. – Public Liability Insurance with a minimum indemnity limit.

They also naturally do not want to deal with cowboys or pay in cash.

I am only playing piggy-in-the-middle and trying to help local tradesman.

I can assure you there is no financial recompense in it for me.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2011, 05:10:22 pm »
I was just looking out to sea when 5 fighter planes flew overhead in formation in an easterly direction closely followed by another formation of 5 fighter planes.  Is there an air show on Anglesey today?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2011, 05:15:33 pm »
I was just looking out to sea when 5 fighter planes flew overhead in formation in an easterly direction closely followed by another formation of 5 fighter planes.  Is there an air show on Anglesey today?
Just saw them myself, and was wondering what show they were appearing at.

Offline Jack

« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2011, 05:31:42 pm »
There is a free air show today and tomorrow over Rhyl promenade.  Red Arrows appearing amongst many others.  Full backing by Denbighshire County Council perhaps CCBC should take note?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »
Yes, me and the missus drove over to Rhyl around 11.30am this morning for the FREE air show.

http://www.rhylairshow.co.uk

The website clearly advertises the event starts at noon but nothing started until around 2.15pm when the RAF Falcons Display Team parachuted down from above.

As this was shortly followed by a rain shower, we bid a hasty retreat undercover from our near perfect position sitting on the beach.

The programme looks better for tomorrow with the RAF Red Arrows due at 1pm with plenty of more action over the next two hours.

If you are going to venture over may I suggest you take the A547 (Abergele – Rhuddlan – Prestatyn Road) and drop down through Meliden to the Ffrith and make your way back towards Rhyl promenade from that direction as today there was room to park on the prom immediately before the Sun Centre for a nominal fee.

If there isn't then today there were plenty of parking spaces in the car park next door to the Rhyl Pavilion Theatre.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »
That must be why Llandudno was much, much quieter than any day was this week, or the corresponding weekend last year.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2011, 10:42:08 pm »
Fester, I can remember when the sight of the RAF Red Arrows in Llandudno Bay was a regular event but not any longer.  Z@@