Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 426862 times)

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1590 on: October 11, 2021, 04:35:51 pm »
Hugo
I think corruption  has a part to play , I am still waiting for an explanation why the newly built apartments have not been sold there has to be a reason .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1591 on: October 11, 2021, 05:01:17 pm »
You said it Robbie and I won't argue with that.                 Which apartments are you referring to?     

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1592 on: October 11, 2021, 05:37:36 pm »
Hugo ref affordable housing I've asked our MP what does he reckon the price of affordable should be, he's still trying to come up with a figure, one of my lads bought one of the beech homes off the 470, the same house on the new development has gone up 70 k.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1593 on: October 12, 2021, 11:10:03 am »
An affordable home is one that is provided at 20% less than the market value, either for rent or purchase. Social Housing to rent is owned by one of the six housing associations we have in Conwy County. A person has to be on the Affordable Homes Register to take advantage of these offers & the register covers all 6 Associations. Developers don't like building these properties as they can't make much of a profit being 20% less than market value.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1594 on: October 12, 2021, 04:39:15 pm »
Thanks very much for providing that information Meleri,  sadly as we have seen in the last 18 months it means that they are still not affordable for local people.
Second home owners have seriously inflated the prices of property in this area and pushed the prices up beyond the reach of young local people as per Norman's previous post.
There are no starter homes being built in the area and we are both old enough to remember the housing estates being built in the 1960's and 1970's in Gyffin, Penrhyn Bay, Colwyn Heights etc.      I bought my first bungalow in Towyn and it was a new two bedroom detached bungalow and it cost me 3,440.00       It was a struggle then but thanks to a Mr F a building society manager I was able to obtain a mortgage for it.     I remember that all the bungalows had either one or two bedrooms apart from two that had three bedrooms.  There were some three bedroomed houses on the estate too.
Now what are they building?   Large four and five bedroom  detached properties that young locals have got no chance of buying.
I feel sorry for CCBC as these developers are dictating what they are going to do and CCBC seems powerless to stop it

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1595 on: October 13, 2021, 06:37:42 pm »
Could someone please explain why Venue Cymru are advertising jobs for Porth Eirias

We're recruiting for the following roles:

🔵 Casual Events Crew
🔵 Casual Housekeeper
🔵 Casual Food & Beverage Assistants
🔵 Cleaner x2 (Porth Eirias)
🔵 Casual Sales Assistant
🔵 Operational Team Leader (Porth Eirias)

More information & apply here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1596 on: October 13, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »
So if ccbc are saying we own the skip why are we barred from using the toilets.  More dodgy dealings.

Three Towns Forum - Talk about Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy

« Reply #1596 on: October 13, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #1597 on: October 14, 2021, 03:54:44 pm »
Rydal have been successful with their application for an entertainment licence with conditions . Rydal have also submitted plans etc . for over 100 No houses
 to be built on the existing sports grounds .