Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 629120 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1515 on: August 27, 2020, 12:22:57 pm »
A SOCIAL enterprise is set to build hundreds of carbon zero homes with energy bills of up to £150 per year across North Wales after clinching an exclusive five-year deal.

Creating Enterprise has signed a contract with leading manufacturer Beattie Passive   https://www.beattiepassiveprojects.com/  to use its pioneering Passivhaus system for one-bedroom pods and two-storey family homes in Denbighshire, Conwy and Anglesey.

The timber-framed properties will feature solar panels, superinsulation, heat-retaining windows and temperature-monitoring ventilation, which can save residents up to 80 per cent on annual energy costs.

The deal will create 50 new jobs for the Colwyn Bay enterprise, which will set up a pop-up factory and use local sub-contractors and suppliers wherever possible to boost the regional economy until the contract.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18679768.hundreds-low-carbon-homes-set-north-wales/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1516 on: September 03, 2020, 06:44:18 pm »
See previous post
« Reply #1482 on: May 02, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »

Why this derelict chapel might have to wait for its 'spectacular' conversion
Former Engedi Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel in Colwyn Bay has lain empty for 20 years

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/derelict-chapel-might-wait-spectacular-18875314

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1517 on: September 15, 2020, 10:14:42 am »
   ))*        It would seem that the Quarry failed to check that all its Dynamite had been detonated before they shipped it to the sea defenses at Colwyn Bay. The Dynamite was safely detonated.                           ref FB

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1518 on: September 21, 2020, 10:25:34 am »
I was driving down King's Drive into Lansedowne Road a short while ago and traffic was diverted into Grosvenor Road (where the traffic lights are ) as there had been a crash a little further on.
What I could see was a car had apparently driven into a large red van and Police cars were blocking the road on both sides of the accident.
It looked like a bad crash but there was no Ambulance or Fire Engine on the scene so I hope that no one was seriously injured in the accident

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1519 on: September 29, 2020, 09:59:57 am »
Improved streets, sociable spaces and increased footfall - have your say on plans for Colwyn Bay town centre

A VIDEO showing what the future could hold for a seaside town centre has been released along with a major consultation on its future.

The video shows how a tree-lined one-way system around the town centre of Colwyn Bay could herald a completely new and upgraded look for the town.

Conwy county council wants residents to take part in the six-week consultation about the plans, which form part of the Bay Life Masterplan.
The proposals aim to create an attractive town centre with a more people-friendly environment, according to the council.

The council’s deputy leader, Cllr Goronwy Edwards, cabinet member for economic development, said: “This is an opportunity to get involved and contribute your views to influence the next phase of the Bay Life Regeneration Programme, which is focused on reinvigorating Colwyn Bay town centre.   For more information and to submit your views visit: conwy.gov.uk/baylife

“We want to bring more people to the town centre and provide better economic opportunities for local businesses and people.

“I urge everyone to take part.”

Cont/video  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18753877.improved-streets-sociable-spaces-increased-footfall---say-plans-colwyn-bay-town-centre/

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay/Rhos on sea
« Reply #1520 on: October 14, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »
Demolition work underway in Colwyn Bay and Rhos on Sea ahead of new Children’s Assessment Centre and Disability Respite Facility

Demolition one, work started on Monday at Meadow Lodge in Colwyn Bay.

Demolition two, work is also being carried out a Bron y Nant and Bryn Euryn Nurseries in Rhos on Sea. This is scheduled to take about six weeks.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18792994.demolition-work-underway-colwyn-bay-rhos-sea-ahead-new-childrens-assessment-centre-disability-respite-facility/

Offline SteveH

Re: Entry price slashed at Colwyn Bay's Welsh Mountain Zoo
« Reply #1521 on: October 16, 2020, 02:44:35 pm »
RESIDENTS in Conwy can take advantage of half price entry to a zoo during Autumn half term.

The Welsh Mountain Zoo in Colwyn Bay said it is keeping its gates firmly open, despite local lockdown measures.

The offer will run from October 17 and November 1.

Anyone looking to visit, needs to pre-book their visit online and the discount will be automatically applied.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18800033.entry-price-slashed-colwyn-bays-welsh-mountain-zoo-autumn-half-term/

Offline Dave

« Reply #1522 on: October 19, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »
This latest lockdown will be devastating for the Mountain Zoo . However, if they were to announce a discounted annual membership scheme for Conwy residents that was available say for the rest of the year I think they might raise a considerable sum. Once subscribed to you continue to get the benefit until such a time as you cancel membership. Must be hundreds, perhaps thousands of local people that would take a punt on that.
I took out the 5 year membership for the Snowdonia Highland Railway which has now run out. It gave a substantial reduction on fares to eligible cardholders. I used mine twice so no loss to the rail company, in fact they gained as I took full paying guests of mine who were staying with us.
I haven't been to the Mountain Zoo in years but would probably take visitors there if it was less expensive for a repeat visit for myself every time I did so.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1523 on: October 21, 2020, 11:06:08 am »
Earlier today when I looked out of my front windows I could see Rhos on Sea quite clearly but a low cloud just hung over the woods and it was a strange sight.
Over the last few hours the cloud has risen and visibility has gone down to about 100 yards and has put paid to any work I had in mind for my garden

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1524 on: November 11, 2020, 10:51:48 am »
I spoke to my friend from Prestatyn last night and he told me that the travellers who had camped out in a Prestatyn car park have left the site.
He then said that they had moved to Eirias Park in Colwyn Bay but I hope he was only  joking after what he told me about what they got up to in Prestatyn          &shake&     

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1525 on: November 11, 2020, 12:22:36 pm »
Hi Hugo yes they moved on from there, some went to eirias park, the rest came to Llandudno, we drove down Gloddaeth Ave last night the carpark on the maelgwyn rd side was full of them, the police said they had already conned an elderly couple 😡, caravanettes that spend in the town the council don't make them welcome and put bye laws in place, let's see how long it takes for this useless council to do something.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1526 on: November 11, 2020, 02:43:50 pm »
That's bad news for the Bay and for Llandudno Norman.    They were trying to sell stuff in Prestatyn too and apparently the stuff that they were selling didn't work
In the Prestatyn car park the Council provided two portable toilets for them but some of the travellers didn't use them and just used the car park floor instead  if you know what I mean       $fan$   
Caravanettes would be an easy target for the Police but how many vehicles did the Police check from the travellers group?       &shake&

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1527 on: November 17, 2020, 09:55:02 am »
A “flagship” assessment centre for children with complex needs has been given the thumbs up from councillors.

The proposal for three new buildings on the site of now demolished Meadow Lodge, on Abergele Road adjacent to Eirias Park in Colwyn Bay, was heard at this week’s Conwy county council planning committee.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18876840.flagship-child-assessment-centre-wins-approval-conwy-councillors/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1528 on: December 17, 2020, 03:39:46 pm »
Old Colwyn housing plan labelled 'sheer greed' by councillor

A councillor has called plans to build 73 homes on a greenfield site”sheer greed” and said his constituents are “incensed” by the proposals.

Cllr Bob Squire, who represents Eirias ward on Conwy county council, was reacting to a pre-application consultation on plans to build the dwellings in two phases – on land adjacent to Bryn Rodyn, Dolwen Road, Old Colwyn.

Cadnant Planning Ltd has been commissioned by Maxi Developments NW Ltd to undertake the consultation, which runs until Friday, December 18.

The proposal is to get detailed planning for 54 two, three and four-bed homes in the first phase, with outline planning for 19 more to be built in the second phase.

Cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18952318.old-colwyn-housing-plan-labelled-sheer-greed-councillor/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1529 on: December 18, 2020, 02:32:06 pm »
The proposed mix of dwellings to be delivered through Phase 1 would comprise the following:
9 x four bedroom, seven person houses;

7 x three bedroom, six person houses;

34 x three bedroom, five person houses; and

4 x two bedroom, four person houses.

Of the 54 dwellings proposed within Phase 1, 11 dwellings would be provided within the site as affordable dwellings for local housing need, and would remain so in perpetuity. The remainder would be open market dwellings.

Cllr Bob Squire has called plans to build 73 homes on a greenfield site”sheer greed” and said his constituents are “incensed” by the proposals and I think that he is spot on.     Unfortunately other developers are doing the same thing and no one is thinking about local young people who want to get on the property ladder