Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627289 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2011, 07:09:18 pm »
I saw my neighbour yesterday and he has got burns to his face which he said were superficial but no other burns elsewhere. Thank goodness he is fully insured and everything on the insurance side seems to be working efficiently. The loss adjusters were coming and he would know very soon know how things will proceed.  It's going to be months rather than weeks before they can move back into the property but in the meantime they are hoping to rent the property next door which has been up for sale for a while and has no sitting tenant.
I just hope that things can get back to normal for them asap, it's such a shame to think of what has happened but on the other side it could have been a lot worse.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:39 pm »
It's good to hear that things are going well for them. I went past as the last of the fire engines was packing up.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2011, 04:47:31 pm »
I'm told there was an armed robbery at the NatWest bank in Colwyn Bay today.

Yorkie

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2011, 04:52:39 pm »
It seems to me that the main robbery of Banks is committed by the Bosses with their Millions in Bonus Payments!     _))*

With one of the lesser payments it worked out at almost £2,500 per hour over the year!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2011, 08:27:47 am »
"Three people have been arrested on suspicion of robbery after an incident outside a bank, say North Wales Police.

Police said the victim had money taken from him on the steps of the NatWest bank on Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, at 1044 GMT on Tuesday.

Two men aged 36 and 41, and a woman, 35, were awaiting questioning at St Asaph, the force said.

Police are appealing for witnesses to call them on 101 or 0845 6071002, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

The woman was arrested after a vehicle was located by the North Wales Police helicopter on the A55 near Caerwys, said police."

Offline Hugo

« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2011, 11:46:20 am »
I'm not surprised that the robbers didn't get far on the A55, there's enough road works there to stop the crooks making a quick getaway!

Well done to the Police though for doing such a good job.

&well&

Offline Hugo

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2011, 05:26:32 pm »
There was a photo on the front page of the NWWN (Colwyn Bay edition) and a report inside of the fire.  I hope the family are able to get over this disaster.
It just shows you how easily fires can develop and also highlights how dangerous the job of a fireman can be.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:44 pm »
Lot of redevelopment work going on in Colwyn Bay at the moment.  $walesflag$

Photo 1 - Promenade Redevelopment
Photo 2  - New Rugby Centre at Eirias Park
Photo 3 - Renovation of Theatr Colwyn

Offline Paddy

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:12 am »

Have they had an influx of cash or grants recently? They seem to be on a bit of a spree!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2011, 08:45:38 am »

Have they had an influx of cash or grants recently? They seem to be on a bit of a spree!
WAG has designated Colwyn Bay a Strategic Regeneration Area, so there's a lot more cash and changes on the way.  $walesflag$

http://wales.gov.uk/newsroom/housingandcommunity/2008/081014regeneration/?lang=en

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:05 am »
I note that, in next weeks CCBC Cabinet Meeting, the following item is on the Agenda:

"Application for Compulsory Purchase Order of Colwyn Bay Market Hall"

The old KFC on Princes Drive has already been purchased. What are CCBC's plans for this area when it has been cleared?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:20 pm »
I note that, in next weeks CCBC Cabinet Meeting, the following item is on the Agenda:

"Application for Compulsory Purchase Order of Colwyn Bay Market Hall"

The old KFC on Princes Drive has already been purchased. What are CCBC's plans for this area when it has been cleared?

Retirement flats?  ;D

Yorkie

« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »
Totally by accident I have just visited John Oddy's Blog which is still showing his Xmas message as the last posting.  What is he doing nowadays, has he given up on the Blog?     :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »
Funnily enough, I emailed John an hour or two ago, asking if he would like to join the forum.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2011, 03:36:52 am »
Hope he joins, he's a likable chap is John.

It will make BrumBob happy too - they will be able to in-depth chats about tobacco & smoking again.  :votive: