Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627119 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2010, 03:37:24 pm »
Witless !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2010, 08:31:09 pm »
Even our off-roader, with diff lock, has to think twice about climbing some of the hills.  In the Betws  - Llanrwst areas they're using farmers' tractors  with ploughs and gritters on . Tractors are really one of the few vehicles that can navigate the roads safely, at the moment.

Indeed, no one can complain of being stuck behind a slow moving tractor, as they're the only vehicles on the road.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2010, 03:22:41 pm »
It's freezing up on the heights but I had to go out to Llandudno to get some shopping and some bird food.  The central heating is working at the moment and I'm still waiting for the plumber to phone me about coming to look at the boiler.
However it's gone a bit darker outside and has started to snow again but not too heavy at the moment.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2010, 11:22:20 pm »
It's just as well we went shopping today, there's 6 inches of snow in Colwyn Heights and it's still snowing heavily now.
We'll be going nowhere tomorrow that's for sure.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2010, 01:21:14 am »
It's just as well we went shopping today, there's 6 inches of snow in Colwyn Heights and it's still snowing heavily now.

An experienced mountain walker like you Hugo.....and you can't even navigate Colwyn Heights in the winter!  L0L

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2010, 08:13:10 am »

An experienced mountain walker like you Hugo.....and you can't even navigate Colwyn Heights in the winter!  L0L
What's the weather like for you at the moment, Trojan?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2010, 09:43:20 am »
Oh heck-- don't ask  :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:00 am »
I did a good impersonation of Eddie ( The Eagle) Edwards though when I slid down the drive the other day then straight across the road too before the soft snow stopped me from going in a hedge!      ;D

Offline Jas

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »
Hi Hugo,  Merry Christmas to you & your family. VV I have been trying to post a photo to  the Forum, but cant work out how, can you tell me?. Regards Jas   PS Did you know that I have arrived back here?.  also, loved your snow photos

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2010, 03:01:56 pm »
Already answered, Jas:

How to upload photos to a post.

1) After writing your post, underneath the message box, click on Additional Options.
2) Next to Attach, click on the 'Choose File' button.
3) Select the photo file you want to use from my computer's hard drive (it must be less than 300k in size).
4) If you want to add another photo, click on (more attachments) and repeat the procedure.
5) Click on Post and the message & photo should be displayed.

You just add the photos and they are displayed at the end of your post but you don't choose where they go in the post. You can add a maximum of 4 photos per post at present, although we can easily change that if you would like more.

Have a go, any problems, just let me know and I will advise.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Jas

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2010, 04:12:46 pm »
Thank you again. No excuses for not knowing now. Best wishes for xmas Jas VV

Offline Trojan

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2010, 09:05:13 pm »

What's the weather like for you at the moment, Trojan?

Been raining all week.  :'(

Offline Hugo

« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:27 pm »
Hi Jas, thanks for your good wishes and I hope that you and the family have a Happy Christmas and a good New Year.
I knew that you had arrived back as I've been reading your posts but wondered if you had had second thoughts and were heading back on account of the weather!   
Looking forward to seeing your photos and hope that you have settled in to your new home.

Offline Jas

« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 09:13:56 am »
Hi Hugo, Yes I am settling  in OK, the weather is a BIG shock tho! & thoughts of Aus are lurking in the back of my mind. Haven't booked a return flight yet :o.  All the best for 2011  ZXZ

Offline Hugo

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:30 am »
Wait until the Winter is over Jas as it has only just started!    There are some snow scenes on BBC North West Wales and there's one of Manod Road Blaenau. I bet that's worse than Glan Conwy.