Author Topic: Llandudno model railway shop and display  (Read 4773 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Llandudno model railway shop and display
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:13 am »
 :)Who remembers the little shop and exibition in Garage st along side the Police station ,walking up those wooden steps too see the little display upstairs, i think there was a wooden box for little ones to stand on . Z**

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno model railway shop and display
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:04:05 am »
I have hazy memories of it as I was young at the time, I can't seem to recall exactly where it was now!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:46:40 am »
From memory this was down a small passage off Garage Street and up some stairs.  The premises below were Sam Edwards (plumber) workshop. It was converted to a dwelling about 10 years ago.
The railway display was run by Lou Nadin.  He and his brother used to have a a shop on the corner of Trinity Square and Augusta Street.  When that closed around 1962, Lou took the model railway stock and created the layout and retail area in Garage Street.
I guess it closed after about 5 years.
He worked away and it only seemed to be open on Saturdays and when he was on holiday. His brother went on to run Nadins Electrical which was opposite the Town Hall.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:58:57 am »
Welcome to the Forum, Cambrian. Some good memories there, please keep them coming.  $good$

Offline Chris H

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:53 pm »
I remember that display, my Dad used to take my brother and me to see it.  Mr Nadin used to stand or sit in the middle of the layout and everything worked electronically...

Offline gaztrucker

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 06:03:01 pm »
lou nadins layout upstairs on garage street was a oo scale model of llandudno junction station if i recall (1975 lol !!!) happy days