Author Topic: Stonework, Masonry and buildings - ancient and modern.  (Read 27284 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stonwork, Masonry and buildings - ancient and modern.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 05:54:19 pm »
saw them there the other week and there's an excellent railway museum there too D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline sense of place

Wind farm impacts
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:39 am »
Dear all,
I am interested in carrying out some research on the perceptions held by Llandudno/Colwyn Bay/Conwy residents towards renewable energy and the wider marine environment. The research initially involves a short questionairre, followed by a photographic exercise for willing participants.
I have carried out this research in a number of sites and I am particularly interested in this area as ther are and will be large wind farm developments, which I am sure as generated some interesting opinions/feelings etc.
Any willing participants can contact me on sean.lindsley-leake@plymouth.ac.uk
Many thanks
Sean

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Stonework, Masonry and buildings - ancient and modern.
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 05:23:21 pm »
OOOOOOOHHHHHH don't get me going on THAT subject.

Windfarms, bah HUMBUG!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline MrFalafel

Housing and house prices
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 11:14:51 am »
Does anyone know more about the councils drive to get more under-utilised homes into their rental scheme to reduce council house waiting times?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/01/04/conwy-council-to-find-100-homes-for-rent-55578-27927533/

I may have a house they can use but the article doesn't make it clear whom in the council to talk to about offering up a property for this use. Any ideas?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Housing
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:07 am »

Offline MrFalafel

Housing
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 11:29:46 am »
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=4172&doc=26127

Hmm, the house in question isn't empty, just not occupied 365 days a year but it certainly is a place to start. Thanks for the link!

Offline MrFalafel

Housing
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:01 am »
Ha ha typical. The email address isn't valid. I got an error message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

housing.strategy@conwy.gov.uk

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Housing
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »
You could try the general enquiry address:
housing.enquiries@conwy.gov.uk

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
Housing
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »
MrFalafel,
The name of one of the officers involved in this project is David Lowe.
If the general email address fails, please contact David at:
david.lowe@conwy.gov.uk

The Empty Homes scheme is for properties that have remained empty for sometime, and the scheme provides options for owners/landlords to bring them back into use for residential purposes.
But they are still worth contacting to see if you particular situation can help.

Offline MrFalafel

Housing
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 02:18:56 pm »
Thanks for the contacts you guys! I've also been in touch with Fletcher Poole :D

Offline Cartier

Housing
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 04:39:13 pm »
Contact Robbie Howarth in the junction as well, huge amount of property on  their books and been going for years.
Haggle them down to 10% on the costs of managing the property if you go ahead, goes for fletcher poole as well.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Housing
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 04:50:51 pm »
Felt sorry for parents with youngsters at Ysgol Porth y Felin today, the school failed to open after the Christmas break because of a boiler problem.  It maybe a good idea to check if it's open tomorrow before sending/taking your child.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Housing
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 06:02:16 pm »
Contact Robbie Howarth in the junction as well, huge amount of property on  their books and been going for years.
Haggle them down to 10% on the costs of managing the property if you go ahead, goes for fletcher poole as well.

Thats good advice Cartier...
In these times of tumbling house prices (and they are) ..and the inability to get mortgages, I reckon the letting agents and estate agents need to take a cut n fees, and get real with rents and prices .... otherwise many of them will be out of business very quickly.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Yorkie

Housing
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 06:31:15 pm »
Considering that it is Estate Agents and their fees that contributes to the ever increasing propertry prices I totally agree with you.   It is about time that there was more stability in pricing in general and particularly in the housing market.     ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Housing
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:17 pm »
As regards property prices, people have got accustomed to the idea that they buy a house and then make a large profit on it when they sell. Sadly, those days are gone, I believe. At best, I can see stagnation in the housing market for the next 5-10 years, at worst, a slow but relentless decline in property values. Prices have become so detached from average earnings that it needs a large fall to realign them. A 3 bedroom semi should cost no more than about £70,000.