Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 201976 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #675 on: May 28, 2014, 12:02:07 am »
Fair comment, Fester, but to benefit visitors it would be helpful to see a notice somewhere at the railway station saying where the nearest toilets are situated when theirs are closed.

Another notice displaying the opening hours for each day of the week for when the booking office and toilets are actually open would also be helpful to customers.

Ah Bri, that sounds too much like common sense or good management to me.  Therefore it will never happen.

Surely they can just wait a few minutes & use the toilet on the train?

SDQ, I might be asking the wrong person.... but do you know what happens to the 'waste' that goes into the toilets on trains?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #676 on: May 28, 2014, 12:44:43 am »
Newer trains built within the last few years ( 5 ,could be more ) have retention tiolets that are emptyed when the train goes on to a maintenance depot to the local sewage system.
Older trains discharge directly on to the track, hence "do not flush when the train is standing at a station ".
How a passenger can tell if it is a new or older train is not explained.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #677 on: May 28, 2014, 12:50:21 am »
Thanks Mull!

So it's 2014, and we are still crapping on the train tracks.  Great!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #678 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:55 am »
Not the Virgin Trains but many, it seems:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24925280
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #679 on: May 28, 2014, 08:39:14 am »
Thanks Mull!

So it's 2014, and we are still crapping on the train tracks.  Great!

I think the only trains in Arriva's fleet that have tanks are the 175's which usually operate the Manchester services. The rest of their fleet is so old they do indeed discharge directly on to the track. Spare a thought for our poor Permanent Way guys who regularly have to patrol/repair the track!
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #680 on: May 28, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
It does seem crazy that, in 2014, raw human waste is dumped on the train tracks. It would seem it's about time we had some new trains, the class 150 that usually serves the Conwy Valley line is 30 years old.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #681 on: May 28, 2014, 10:26:50 am »
Spare a thought for the general public of all ages returning to the railway station in freezing cold temperatures after watching a firework display in November or after Xmas shopping throughout December.

Awaiting them is a centrally-heated warm and cosy waiting room inside the new £5m development that has been closed since 3pm midweek and 3.45pm on a Saturday.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #682 on: May 28, 2014, 11:55:21 am »
6pm at the earliest,Cll P Evans is the man to sort this out,im suprised he has;nt been in the press about it already.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #683 on: May 28, 2014, 06:30:49 pm »
It would seem it's about time we had some new trains, the class 150 that usually serves the Conwy Valley line is 30 years old.

Final designs have been revealed today for the new InterCity Swansea to London trains.

Take a closer look:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: May 28, 2014, 07:06:23 pm »
Let me guess....no new trains for North Wales?

Offline mull

« Reply #685 on: May 29, 2014, 08:27:16 am »
Wait till you see the seating layout in the mock up.
4 rows against a blank wall on one side and the luggage racks on the other side.No outside view at all.
How anyone can get away with such a poor design is beyond me.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #686 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:53 pm »
Wait till you see the seating layout in the mock up.
4 rows against a blank wall on one side and the luggage racks on the other side.No outside view at all.
How anyone can get away with such a poor design is beyond me.

Take a good look at passing trains nowadays and people no longer look out of the window at the view, they're all looking down at their phone/iPad/computer (delete as applicable!)
Valar Morghulis

Offline mull

« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2014, 11:23:01 am »
See what you mean SDQ. I have just had a trip by train from Oban to York and back returning my grand daughter after her holiday.
Even on the really scenic bit on the West Highland line most of the passengers spent the whole journey looking at a small screen.

Seems very sad to me.
I prefare to watch the world go by outside the window.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2014, 12:27:19 pm »
They need cameras on the outside of the trains then passengers can look at the view on their iPads etc!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »
One of the local rail blogs suggests that Welsh Government have pulled the plug on the north-premier service (Gerald or Ieuan Express) from December.  I don't recall this being announced but Arriva have a schedule in place to use the stock on Manchester/Holyhead/Llandudno/Crewe  services from December.  It will be good to see a proper train using the new station on a regular basis.