Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 200127 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #615 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:19 pm »
   Thanks for the replies re my problem with parking at Mollys Cafe. The thing is, many of us were spoilt in the past. I know the owner of the cafe will not be offended if I say it is a transport cafe type of business. The food is good, quick and cheap. You don't go there to spend an hour over a meal. You dive in quick, eat, and get out. A large number of customers back to work, break time is short and precious.
  If a lengthy (compared to previous) is involved, then it cannot be done. Worse, on street parking is erratic. You may be lucky and get somewhere close, but if you cannot find anywhere you have to miss out on your breakfast. So, there you are, a few missed breakfasts and you have to find somewhere else, if you are lucky. Very sad.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #616 on: April 03, 2014, 06:43:04 am »
Park on Builders st,walk across the waste land on the other side of the station,will take you 2 mins tops.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #617 on: April 03, 2014, 09:35:04 am »
The station has been handed back to arriva all went  well with the site visit today the new waiting room and glazed concourse will be opened in the morning,the toilets will be opened later in the day we are waiting for a few bits to be fitted before we can open them up. The llandudno benches will not be arriving till the end of the month the restoration has been a bigger job than they thought,as for Molly's cafe I can understand the problem with the parking but the land were everyone had free parking has always been network rail land there is plenty of free parking around the area we have never had a problem .
Thanks for keeping us updated all these months, BigMurph. The new Station looks great, you and your lads have done a fantastic job.  $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #618 on: April 03, 2014, 09:54:37 am »
Yes, many thanks for all the info during the job, BM.  Very much appreciated.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #619 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:48 pm »
A look around the newly opened Railway Station. I had the pleasure of meeting BigMurph, good to chat to you mate.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #620 on: April 03, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »
It looks great! I love the maroon and cream paintwork, reminds me of the old British Railways before the Intercity blue!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #621 on: April 03, 2014, 06:20:47 pm »
Wonderful! Well done to everyone concerned.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #622 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:31 pm »
There's also a high tech change room for disabled folk - the only other station with one is Swansea and the only other one in North Wales is in a shopping scheme at Wrexham.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #623 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:00 pm »
Big Murph, thanks for all the updates and the great job! Any chance of you and the team moving to the giant skip (Porth Eirias) in Colwyn Bay, that needs lots doing to improve it!  WWW
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #624 on: April 03, 2014, 08:16:03 pm »
Thank-you Bigmurph a job well done. $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #625 on: April 03, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
  Wrex --- park in Builder Street fr Mollys Cafe. O.K. but NOT guaranteed. You might end up parking down by the Football Club because there are no spaces

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #626 on: April 03, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
It was good to meet you this afternoon dave after all this time, it's been a good job to work on and we are really pleased with the way the station has been transformed the maroon and cream look great. We have had nothing but positive remarks since we handed over the toilets will be open tomorrow the changing places as mentioned by Cambrian was interesting to work on some of the equipment installed is amazing. Thank you all for the interest and support and also patience over the last 14 months I think it has been worth it.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #627 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »
  Wrex --- park in Builder Street fr Mollys Cafe. O.K. but NOT guaranteed. You might end up parking down by the Football Club because there are no spaces

If I were you Mike, I'd go to Tesco!   Great breakfast and great company, and very reasonably priced!   ZXZ

And definitely no car parking problems.  ^*^0
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2014, 10:46:07 pm »
Is it correct that come 3pm, the station attendant locks up and goes home?   That includes the toilets and everything?

I might be wrong about this, but if it is the case, what was the point of all this investment if the facilities are not useable for two-thirds of the time?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #629 on: April 03, 2014, 11:26:19 pm »
  Hello Yorkie and as u know I do use Tesco at times. But its 2 miles further driving for me and that every day in my diesel guzzler mounts up. Also my beloved Daily Post, not so loved now its 60p, free in Mollys and far from free in Tesco.