Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 201293 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:26 pm »
Did you see if the Llandudno benches are back?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #601 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:56 am »
Did you see if the Llandudno benches are back?
No sign of them last Friday, but there's still time!

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #602 on: March 26, 2014, 08:13:24 pm »
We are very close to completion now we are just waiting for the official hand over to network rail and arriva then parts of the new facility's will be open to the public, we are just finishing the Tarmac in the entrance and then the road markings will be finished on Friday new railings will be erected tomorrow by the ticket office. The llandudno benches will be arriving very shortly I believe they will be going in the front glazed concourse we will still be on site for a few weeks doing snagging and clearing site.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #603 on: March 26, 2014, 10:59:43 pm »
I dropped my Mrs off for her London train on Tuesday, about 10.30am,  and as I pulled my car up to the entrance, three of the construction guys, (bosses I think), took a long hard look at me.   Most likely wondering what the hell I was doing parking in front of the steel barrier like that.
I said to my Mrs, as you walk past them, ask if one of them is Big Murph, and I'll say hello.

But as she got out of the car, the guys decided they had better things to do and looked away, engrossed in paperwork and clipboards I think.

So I'll never know.....
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #604 on: March 27, 2014, 05:43:35 am »
It wasn't me fester I am not high enough in the pecking order to walk around with a clip board I would have been to busy working moving fencing and brushing up and any other task that was required,were out for a few beers and a meal tonight around town if I see two fellas 1 wearing a Motörhead t shirt and the other carrying a camera I will say hello to your good self and dave r.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #605 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:20 am »
Be very careful Bigmurph,the last fella that approached these two has;nt been seen since.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »
The Railway Station looks to be only a day or so away from completion:

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2014, 07:25:30 pm »
Nice photos dave we are due to hand over to arriva on Wednesday if the site visit goes ok,we are just finishing the painting on the railings and  the final clean ,the car park opened today complete with an attendant to check the tickets.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #608 on: April 01, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »
Good luck tomorrow with the hand over Bigmurph and thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to keep everyone up to date with the progress.
I drove past last week and it is transformed!
Where will your next project be?
Hope you get some time at home and all the best for the future.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »
Thanks for the support hollins I am sure everything will be fine tomorrow it's been a pleasure keeping everyone updated because it's not very often we get to work on such an interesting job with so much interest shown by the locals and visitors, we will be on site for a few weeks after handover, my next job is in huyton in liverpool were doing a large job for network rail I will say goodbye to the forum when i leave.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »
   I don't wish to spoil the party but as a daily visitor to Mollys Cafe for 20 mins breakfast I'm a bit worried about parking. Time will tell, but obviously I am not going to pay these parking fees and, a big and, is there anywhere else I can put a car for 20 mins. If not, sorry but its got to be good by to Molly and her cafe

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #611 on: April 01, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
Mike, from memory you can park for free anywhere in Augusta Street and Oxford Road.

It is interesting to note that the signage is English over Welsh on the car park sign but Welsh takes precedence on the entrance road.  $walesflag$

Offline systema

« Reply #612 on: April 02, 2014, 08:05:51 am »
   I don't wish to spoil the party but as a daily visitor to Mollys Cafe for 20 mins breakfast I'm a bit worried about parking. Time will tell, but obviously I am not going to pay these parking fees and, a big and, is there anywhere else I can put a car for 20 mins. If not, sorry but its got to be good by to Molly and her cafe

Asda car park near the back fence.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #613 on: April 02, 2014, 08:52:48 am »
Vaughan Street.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #614 on: April 02, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »
The station has been handed back to arriva all went  well with the site visit today the new waiting room and glazed concourse will be opened in the morning,the toilets will be opened later in the day we are waiting for a few bits to be fitted before we can open them up. The llandudno benches will not be arriving till the end of the month the restoration has been a bigger job than they thought,as for Molly's cafe I can understand the problem with the parking but the land were everyone had free parking has always been network rail land there is plenty of free parking around the area we have never had a problem .