Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202212 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #570 on: February 11, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »
Surely non profit making should mean free? What are the costs - it doesn't need to be manned

Rates and maintenance costs do have to be paid.   ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #571 on: February 11, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »
Perhaps a nominal charge to use the car park will contribute towards the cost of building it?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #572 on: February 11, 2014, 04:04:32 pm »
Current progress at the Railway Station:

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #573 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »
Council charge for the prom parking but that is £1 so doesn't seem much of a rip-off to me, comparable with Holy Trinity.
If there was no charge at the station it would soon fill with non rail users for whom it is really meant.  The Junction station car park always seems well patronised.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #574 on: February 11, 2014, 08:47:25 pm »
The car park charges will help cover the running costs I believe they will have an attendant checking the tickets at regular intervals also they have to cover the lighting costs and the CCTV, on a different note we have the old llandudno station sign that is free to a good home it is 11ft long x 2ft high and is in two pieces if anyone wants it let me know when u can pick it up it will be going into the skip shortly I hope this does not end up like them poor unwanted trouser presses.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
T

llandudno station sign that is free to a good home it is 11ft long x 2ft high and is in two pieces if anyone wants it let me know when u can pick it up it will be going into the skip shortly I hope this does not end up like them poor unwanted trouser presses.

Could I have it please ?

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2014, 05:51:14 am »
Yes mike u can there is no rush to pick it up its in a safe place .

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #577 on: February 12, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »
T

llandudno station sign that is free to a good home it is 11ft long x 2ft high and is in two pieces if anyone wants it let me know when u can pick it up it will be going into the skip shortly I hope this does not end up like them poor unwanted trouser presses.

Could I have it please ?

2 off peak returns to Haulfre Gardens please Mike. $walesflag$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
Looking at the length of the canopy in the latest photos it seems as though you'll have to go outside to get on a train. Seems a pity that it couldn't have been a bit longer - maybe even with just one or two coaches undercover.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2014, 09:56:36 pm »
When u look at the old station in its peak u could not replicate that I think the idea was to  try and make it better which I think has been achieved we can't live in the past we have to make the most of what we have at the present, I do agree with the issue of passengers being undercover but the cost of building and maintence would have been to much when we finish at the end of March u will have a modern station with good facility's, at present new track and drainage is being  installed at platform 2 nothing to do with us.

Offline AlanR

« Reply #580 on: February 16, 2014, 04:53:32 pm »
The crossover between Platforms 1 and 2 is due to be taken out so that they can relay the line through platform 2. The Down Sidings (Cae Mawr) are due to be brought back into use following the removal of vegetation. Lasr used in 2000 and points out of use since 2005.  ;D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #581 on: February 16, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »
Last time i went on the train i was gobsmacked to see a tree growing in the middle of the sidings,thank god they are being restored,there must be a reason they are doing this though besides the obvious that they want to store trains there.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2014, 09:51:42 pm »
I had the pleasure of meeting hollins  today at the station thank you for the gifts and kind words they are really appreciated once again thank you, we moved our fence line out into the road today there is traffic management in place for us to carry out the streetworks part of the job please be patient and allow a few more minutes for your journey when using that part of town, the new entrance and exit for foot passengers is located at the side of Molly's cafe.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #583 on: February 17, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »
Gifts Hollins??   

I recall Hollins bringing 2 fantastic t-shirts to the pier, which advertised the website of Dave R and myself.

H, I can assure you that they must have been of the highest quality, as I am still wearing them regularly to this day!  $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #584 on: February 18, 2014, 09:20:22 am »
Hollins is a very kind and generous person. Hope House Hospice has had many things made by her and her Mum to sell. At present we are waiting for a delivery of Jute Shopping bags to decorate with her beautiful flowers. Think the bags must be on a slow boat from China or wherever they are coming from !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.