Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 201499 times)

Offline Bigmurph

Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2013, 09:54:34 am »
Once  again dave very good photos of the current works at the station,the new ticket office opened on the 1st of July the portacabins in place r toilets and taxi office. The strip out of the old station building is underway all the old ticket office furniture and counter have been taken to Llangollen steam railway,the new car park has been laid but won't be open for several months.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2013, 10:42:21 am »
Cheers, BigMurph, you're doing a great job. I'd love to come down with my proper camera and do some more shots once work is a little further advanced.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2013, 12:26:53 pm »
Dave u can visit anytime and take some photos, over the next week we will be removing some walls inside the old station building which were built in the early 80s and stripping back to the original ceilings and walls, also which maybe of interest we will also be removing the old fitters shed on top of the buffers on platforms 1&2 in the next few weeks.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #438 on: August 24, 2013, 10:06:46 pm »
Current progress at the Station:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »
Somebody told me that the car park has not opened because they have forgotten to put a drain down the middle,omg

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #440 on: September 01, 2013, 03:07:47 pm »
I don't think it would be practical - or safe - to open the car park now as work is still going on and part of the site seems to be used for contractors offices and so on.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #441 on: September 01, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »
I thought the plan was to open the car park.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #442 on: September 01, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »
Wrex we haven't forgot to put the drainage in it will be installed just before we lay the top coat of Tarmac, network rail have to install a new outlet for our drainage which will have to run underneath the tracks by the signal box I think that is due to be done in October, the car park is due to open in January as Cambrian said it would not be safe for members of the public to use the car park until we have finished.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #443 on: September 01, 2013, 11:10:13 pm »
Wrex we haven't forgot to put the drainage in it will be installed just before we lay the top coat of Tarmac, network rail have to install a new outlet for our drainage which will have to run underneath the tracks by the signal box I think that is due to be done in October, the car park is due to open in January as Cambrian said it would not be safe for members of the public to use the car park until we have finished.

What is it Murph? One of those shallow Eco-drains?  I had them fitted on the edge of my extension and patio thingy, they are pretty good and effective.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »
Yes fester it will be Eco drainage there will be 2 runs of it the full length of the car park, sorry about the late reply.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #445 on: September 03, 2013, 10:40:23 am »
Taken from the Arriva Trains Wales website:

"Club 55 offer has finished for Autumn 2013"

Did it ever start for Autumn 2013?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »
The former Fitters Shed between Platforms 1 & 2 is currently being demolished:

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #447 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:39 pm »
Dave that was me on the scaffold removing the roof you should have said hello,the rest of the fitters shed will be removed on Friday when we have a line block on platforms 1&2. We have also had some asbestos removed from the old station building so we can carry on with work inside now.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #448 on: September 04, 2013, 07:55:44 pm »
This wasn't a fitters' shed.  It was the ticket collectors'.  There was a long sloping desk along one wall on which they used to sort the collected tickets before they were sent off to audit.  Latterly the loudspeaker p.a. equipment was installed there as well when the old enquiry office was boarded up.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #449 on: September 04, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »

...the rest of the fitters shed will be removed on Friday when we have a line block on platforms 1&2.

Only if you ask nicely.  :)

Valar Morghulis