Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202175 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »
My guess would be more revenue from using that area as a car park.
If they allowed coaches into the station they would need an area for them to turn around as well as an area to drop off/pick up which would take up nearly all the space available, plus I wouldn't be surprised if some drivers would park up and abandon their coach causing the area to become congested. The coaches after all can be seen as competition to the railway so what is the incentive for Network Rail allowing them on to their property. This way they have a chance to raise some revenue from a car park which can be used by rail users as well as some shoppers. There is an area outside the front of the station for the local buses which I guess will be used by coaches too.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:09 am »
I notice South Wales has had a new railway station built with Arriva Trains Wales offering cheap railcards to locals for only £5:-

It's time for celebration today as the new station at Fishguard & Goodwick opens for the first time in almost 50 years.

If you live in any of these postcodes, save 1/3 on local rail fares as far as Swansea with a Pembrokeshire Railcard. The card is only £5 for 12 months and with one journey, it will almost pay for itself!

SA34 0, SA35 0, SA37 0, SA41 3, SA42 0, SA43 3, SA61 1, SA61 2, SA62 3, S...A62 4, SA62 5, SA62 6, SA63 4, SA64 0, SA65 9, SA66 7, SA67 7, SA67 8, SA68 0, SA69 9, SA70 7, SA70 8, SA71 4, SA71 5, SA72 4, SA72 6, SA73 1, SA73 2, SA73 3

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 07:34:09 am »
Work starts in 3 months have they announced who has got the contract and they should by now have re-published the plans for us to look at again,this is something for the NWWN to investigate for its readers in Llandudno.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2012, 09:27:09 am »
Heading of to Scarborough in july on a special from Llandudno ,so i will have the chance to compare a lot of stations en-route and there will be no where asd bad as ours.I visited Fort William 4 yearsago and that was a small but very modern station,i just hopr they don;t go back on their word for starting in SEPTEMBER as this has been a long and disgusting episode for Llandudno and there are certain councillors who should be ashamed at their lack of leadership in this long,long episode.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:15 pm »
Well it seems there is a hold up on the project,now i hope im wrong but if not why has no councillors had the balls to let us know,why the secret rubbish,so please will one of you explain why September start date appears to already be in doubt.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2012, 09:32:14 am »
CCBC seem to be blaming networkrail at the moment,as we are not on the main line there is no incentive to spend or find the funding for it.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2012, 09:47:37 am »
wrex it is comming to the time that i was told the station was going to close ,[winding down] ,the queenof the welsh resorts doesn,t want visitors look at all the eyesores that we all mention nothing gets done ,ccbc at it best  :rage:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2012, 10:14:06 am »
I wonder how many holidaymakers arrive by train? Off the top of my head, I would expect most visitors to arrive by car, closely followed by coach.  Don't get me wrong though the station is a very sad sight now. Councils, network rail etc get your act together, the money still comes from us, filtered down through various organisations all creaming off cash along the way!  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:05 am »
The latest Rail Regulator's figures show 287,000 passengers use Llandudno station per year.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2012, 08:45:08 pm »
The chances of Llandudno Railway Station closing are precisely zero.

Offline mull

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57:55 am »
Go back to my posting on 24 Feb.
Nothing has changed Network Rail have only one scheme on the go for North Wales (Wrexham- Chester).
LLandudno station not on the radar with them yet and unlikely to be for a long time.
It is all happening in South Wales.

Only hope for this scheme is if the council will take it forward.  &shake& :'( $angry$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:08 am »
I wonder if it maybe our turn next?  $good$

The £7.6m refurbishment programme at Swansea station has been completed. The station was officially re-opened by Carl Sargeant AM, Minister for Local Government and Communities

The project was funded by the Welsh Government, Network Rail, the Department for Transport National Stations Improvement Programme and the European Regional Development Fund. It was delivered by Arriva Trains Wales and Network Rail.

Improvement work includes a brighter, more welcoming interior concourse, a new ticket office, Costa Coffee and W H Smith retail outlets , a customer help point, toilets, customer information screens for trains buses and CCTV.

The new concourse provides improved access to and from the platforms with a glass screen and new platform canopies allowing natural light to flow through the station.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »
can any one get a picture of our station next to Swansea please.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »
I can't imagine why people think Swansea Station looks smarter than Llandudno?  :laugh:

Looking Out by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Abandoned by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

All Change by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline hollins

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »
Is it still in use, to me it looks disused?