Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 200090 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »
FUNDING delays have put back the completion of work to Llandudno Railway Station from spring to summer next year.

The revamp of the station - which was due to start soon and be finished by spring 2013 - faces procedural setbacks with funding and legal requirements before work on the site could begin.

Plans for the redevelopment of the station were announced in January last year, and included an extension to the car park, a refurbished concourse and green energy-saving measures such as rainwater harvesting.

The plans were jointly developed by Network Rail, North Wales Joint Transport Board, Conwy County Borough Council, Arriva Trains Wales and the Welsh Assembly Government.

But funding for the project has yet to be agreed and a date for the start of the work is uncertain.

A spokeswoman for Network Rail said: "Network Rail, Conwy County Borough Council and the Welsh Government remain committed to delivering this scheme.

"We are currently finalising the details of the funding conditions and legal requirements.

While this is a complex process, it is essential before work begins onsite. We are making positive progress and working towards delivering this scheme as soon as possible."

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/110345/paperwork-delays-new-look-station.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Blimey, it didnt take this long to build the pyramids!!!!  :laugh:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »
They must have got that wrong Dave,as it was spring this year they where supposed to start,but we can now check the NWWN tomorrow as we have just been informed.I will buy tomorrows edition as i have been informed of some news inside.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »
They must have got that wrong Dave,as it was spring this year they where supposed to start,but we can now check the NWWN tomorrow as we have just been informed.I will buy tomorrows edition as i have been informed of some news inside.

It's only one page 2 Wrex,  just have a quick peek in a copy in ASDA or TESCO!   Save your dosh!  ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 07:05:34 pm »
Buying the NWWN supports it and helps keep it operating, Yorkie!  ;)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:20 pm »
Buying the NWWN supports it and helps keep it operating, Yorkie!  ;)

Yes DaveR - something I of which I am aware, having given the paper my (our) support for 40 years from the Jones' days until last week.  For the first 15 by way of a subscription sent to our address in the Midlands.   However, I now regard it as poor value for money and I understand many others feel exactly the same.

The comment to Wrex was more of a light-hearted quip than a slight against the NWWN.    :D
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:06 pm »
..... which was obvious (to most) by your insertion of the 'winking' smiley, Yorkie.

Which after all, is what its for.

I'm not buying the NWWN tomorrow, instead I shall await the revelation on the Forum!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »

I'm not buying the NWWN tomorrow, instead I shall await the revelation on the Forum!

Now if all 588 Members do that, and assuming that they do, it will mean a loss to Trinity Mirror of £472.40 - Just shows what value this Forum has!     L0L
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:13 am »
Blimey, it didnt take this long to build the pyramids!!!!

I think the Pharaohs had a unique employer - employee incentivisation scheme, Dave    _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 11:50:17 am »
If I was a betting man. !  I think it may be worth a punt on the track from Llandudno to Junction, being considered for closure and that;s why there all these delays.   &shake&
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:33 pm »
I'd happily take your money, Quiggs, don't think it will ever happen.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:43 pm »
Remember Doctor Beeching!   :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:58 pm »
We live in more enlightened times now, ME. No line has been closed in Wales for years, quite the opposite in fact.  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »
If I was a betting man. !  I think it may be worth a punt on the track from Llandudno to Junction, being considered for closure and that;s why there all these delays.   &shake&

I have said this for many years as that stretch of railway line from Llandudno Junction through to the old Deganwy Lido is prime for building more luxury apartments on when the housing market returns.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:14 pm »
Remember Doctor Beeching!   :(

Brilliant Surgeon - his speciality was amputations!     _))*
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito