Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 200072 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »
Dr Beeching was more of a 'Tree Surgeon'

Just look at all the BRANCH lines he lopped off.  WWW

Gosh I didn't twig that, so we better leaf it just there unless you want to bark about the roots, bud dy!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »
OAK-kay Yorkie, we will leave it there, because I'm SYCAMORE jokes on this subject.  :puke2:
I just can't CEDAR point in it.

I think anyone adding to this should be BIRCH-ed,   $smack$ 

But I don't think I would be very POPLAR do YEW?

Right, I shall SPRUCE myself up, and set off to the BEECH.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »
 L0L

I'm not getting the j OAK. Or am I BARKing up the wrong tree?   ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline outlawowl

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »
whatever the reason for the delay as outlined on this forum, in the Pioneer or NWWN, it is bad news that the railway saga is just dragging on...this subject will soon have to be moved into the Eyesore section if the station gets any tattier

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 10:41:46 pm »
I think it's already listed in the eyesore section and quite rightly so as it is a disgrace.   

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »
Do we actually know who is responsible for the hold ups ,CCBC,Welst Assembly or Networkrail.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »
Just a thought, given the recent adverse publicity around Awewa, Communities First (Wrexham) and Forces for Good, I wonder if WG are a bit sensitive about grants and are making sure they are not at any risk. This could explain the comment in North Wales Weekly News. Judith Phillips seems to have captured a lot of the local issues this week and deserves our thanks for the details given.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:34 pm »
What we have to wait for this week is to see if the NWWN follows up any of the stories or goes back to it adverts. As for the welsh goverment they certainly threw all the money at Newport station for the golf.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2012, 09:54:22 am »
and it seems to Bridgend.

Arriva Trains Wales
Bridgend Station Carpark Closed 25th & 26th February - As part of ongoing improvements at Bridgend Station, the car park at Bridgend Station will be closed from 1500 on Saturday 25th February until 0300 on Sunday 26th February.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2012, 12:34:05 pm »
Well spotted Bri.  Did I hear on the news recently that work has started on building a new railway station somewhere round Fishguard ?  Oh and I seem to remember a brand new line (or re-opening of a Beeching closure) in the Bridgend area around the time  the Assembly came into being.

Incidentally, can anyone shed any light on why north - south services terminate at a variety of destinations (some fairly off the beaten track) in the south like Maesteg, Milford Haven, Pembroke and Carmarthen as well as the more usual Swansea and Cardiff. But no services in the opposite direction terminate at Llandudno ?

Comes back to what I said in an earlier post - if Llandudno was in the south the scheme here would have been finished years ago!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »
Incidentally, can anyone shed any light on why north - south services terminate at a variety of destinations (some fairly off the beaten track) in the south like Maesteg, Milford Haven, Pembroke and Carmarthen as well as the more usual Swansea and Cardiff. But no services in the opposite direction terminate at Llandudno ?

A valid point, Cambrian, which reminded about a question put to our First Minister this afternoon during Questions to the First Minister in the Senedd.

When asked about the progress of road improvements to the A470, his answer simply referred to a road leaving Cardiff. 

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »
:'( I will e-mail Cll P Evans for a update. he will reply because that is the nature of the man and he may know and explain or pass the buck,but he should come to us his electrate and explain instead of sitting back all the time.All the Councillors look at this forum but very few take in what they read.

Any reply from Cll P Evans or JFS ???

Cheers

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »
I really don't see why anyone expects any response from politicians.

When they want YOU, they will be round your door, accost you when you are shopping, and fill blogs/forums with heart felt entreaties.
But once elected, and when you want THEM.... you can forget it.

Have you not got used to that fact yet?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »
Talking of politicians, I notice that jfs has joined the forum for the second time just tonight, using the same name!  Welcome again, Janet  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:06 am »
Llandudno does not even get mentioned by ATW for its latest promotion for Great Advance Purchase Fares.

All major stations in South Wales do and so do a few stations in England.  $walesflag$

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/LoveTheTrain/ExampleAPFares/