Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 200183 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
As i have said before Dave they have no problem when it comes to the Rhyder cup and Newport total rebuild of their station,yet when it comes to Llandudno in the North they can Wait.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:44 am »
Well i;ve just e-mailed Janet Finch -Saunders to enquire where we are upto with the station development, so as soon as i recieve a reply i shall keep you informed.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:04:31 am »
 ££$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 09:55:43 am »
Well i;ve just e-mailed Janet Finch -Saunders to enquire where we are upto with the station development, so as soon as i recieve a reply i shall keep you informed.

If and when you do receive a reply please publish the result in very big letters on the Forum.   We will attempt to get the date registered as a National Holiday!!!   Only joking Janet!   Or am I???  L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 12:15:47 pm »
Possibly the problem with this project is a combination of the chaotic Network Rail and their constant management changes and the fact that Llandudno is in North Wales with the attendant Welsh Government involvement - or lack of. The Prestatyn station scheme was funded directly by DfT in London and seems to be almost complete.  Perhaps we should ask for public transport to be not a devolved function to the Assembly.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 12:48:09 pm »
If Transport is devolved, how can Prestatyn Station have been funded directly by the DfT in London? It was a Network Rail funded project, I seem to remember.

But the situation with Llandudno Station has been ridiculous - Network Rail receives billions in subsidy every year - why does it need more financial assistance to do the job that it has already been given the funding to do?

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »
Prestatyn station was done as part of the DfT's "Access for All" scheme.  Money went direct from DfT to NR for the work.  The point I was trying to make that there was no Welsh Government = or indeed local government - involvement. That model seems to work and deliver schemes on time with little fuss and cause for criticism.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »
Work is reported to start Spring 2012
Conwy County Borough Council : 25/08/11 - Llandudno Railway Station on track for improvements http://bit.ly/xPdd5J

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:04 pm »
Already reported to be at least 3 months delay,just wondered if any one had the latest without waiting for JFS to reply.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:25:47 pm »
good luck, i sent her a tweet last year asking about the station. still waiting for an answer  :rage:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:46 am »
 :'( I will e-mail Cll P Evans for a update. he will reply because that is the nature of the man and he may know and explain or pass the buck,but he should come to us his electrate and explain instead of sitting back all the time.All the Councillors look at this forum but very few take in what they read.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 08:14:21 am »
wrex, I think that comment is a tad unfair as Cllr P Evans is one of the most experienced town and county councillors we have.

We can certainly do with a lot more like him.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:33 am »
To be fair, the Councillors have no real power, they just nod their heads at whatever the council officers tell them.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 09:21:59 am »
Wrex, to be fair, i don't think it's within the power of one county councillor to put into effect a multi-million pound redevelopment package and ensure all the funding from umpteen different sources is all in place. I am sure Cllr. Evans would love to see it done more than anybody, knowing how much interest he has in public transport issues.

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 09:33:39 am »
There's stuff in the minutes of the Town Council on this.  They have a Public Transport Committee which has the station on each agenda.  Dave is right - but it is the Councils themselves that have no real power over this as the bulk of funding is from other sources (WG, WEFO etc) and the place itself belongs to Network Rail who are the project manager. Ian makes a very valid point as there wouldn't be any discussion locally but for the Transport Committee chaired by Cllr Evans.