Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 200182 times)

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Llandudno railway station
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:56:45 am »
Llandudno railway station. I went in an attempt to get a cheap advance return ticket to London.  That'll be £49 odd the man said.  I gave him £50.  He looked horrified and said pay by credit card.  I said I don't have one (been there done that).    He replied I've just cashed up can't take cash.  I looked at my watch - it was ten to three.  I close at 3 he said.  Why I said, being thick.  He replied that they always close at three.  They don't open until nine so it's a very short day.

How to run a business in one easy lesson and no I didn't get my advance ticket.  Think I'll go to the Junction maybe they will be a little more business like.   $angry$
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:51:16 am by Ian »

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Railay station grrrr
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:50:15 pm »
Your post is very interesting, Llechwedd, because I called at Llandudno Railway Station earlier this week just after 3pm and found it shut.

I did not know it closed at 3pm even though I looked for a sign displaying its opening hours and I could not find one.

As for poor service, I have also experienced that at Llandudno over wrong fares being charged for tickets purchased by one of my daughters so I took my complaint (and my daughter) over to Llandudno Junction where I was asked to submit my complaint in writing by a Senior Manager.

I did as I was asked.

I returned and, to be fair, I was very pleased with the outcome.

Since that bad experience, I always pre-purchase tickets online and with a credit card (and so now do both my daughters) because, surprisingly, credit cards do not attract a surcharge with Virgin Trains which is unusual.

You can then choose to collect your tickets at the station by inserting your credit/debit card.

If the booking office at Llandudno Railway Station is offering poor customer service combined with unfriendly opening hours then its future looks bleak despite all the financial investment for the railway station coming its way in 2012.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Railay station grrrr
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 02:14:34 pm »
Some while ago I made a complaint to Llandudno Station about the state of the ladies toilets. Despite much haranguing and harassing I never got a satisfactory reply. Now I do know that the state of toilets is usually down to the people who use them, but surely they should be checked and cleaned at certain intervals???
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Train station
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »
Is everybody on holiday or just not interested anymore, anyway have we got a start date date for our super new Railway station ££$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway stastion
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »
 :( Who exactly runs Llandudno railway station, i should imagine it is run from the Junction so they have no real interest as we are just a branch line and its in the Junctions best interest to sell more tickets there .Parts of Llandudno are more likely to use the Bay to travel[ penrhyn bay etc]as its more convient so Llandudno station has no chance of ever being used by all its residents. $walesflag$

Offline Jack

Re: Re: Train station
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »
Is everybody on holiday or just not interested anymore, anyway have we got a start date date for our super new Railway station ££$

I know we've heard it all before but I was told last week that the start date is due for February, all the funding is now in place and currently a contractor is being appointed.  Detailed plans will then be made public and hopefully they will be easier to fathom out than the last 'exhibition' at Venue Cymru!

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »
Well I always use Llandudno station and would never dream of going all the way to Colwyn Bay.  Our station used to close on a Sunday and I'd have to get a taxi to the Junction but Idon't know if that still happens in the winter.  I can't believe that the premier holiday resort of Wales  has such a terrible station and will be thrilled if they ever build a new "transport hub".

Offline Jas

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »
The first trip I made to London since being back in Wales, I went to Llandudno  for my ticket, I asked for a ticket to Ashford Surrey, when I arrived at Euston I found out it was only for that station & it cost me another 9.00 to get to Ashford, I know I should have checked but I assumed they knew what they were doing!!!.  Now I always go to the Junction & have always find them very helpful.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »
Our station used to close on a Sunday and I'd have to get a taxi to the Junction but Idon't know if that still happens in the winter.

The Sunday service at Llandudno runs from Easter to mid September only.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »
At last the year has arrived that Llandudno gets its all dancing all singing new station,promised to start this spring,please all prey they don;t let us down again.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 12:16:57 pm »
yeah right I'll beliece it when I see it up and running and NOT pseudo  b***** Victorian!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 12:17:46 pm »
Oh dear my worst nightmare,rumours are about the development has hit problems,Cll P Evans sort it out or at least have the decency to let us know WHY there are problems.  ps if the rumours are not true just let us know when it is starting,from one of your constituants.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 08:33:31 pm »
Who is it that keeps telling us the dates for the development starting,having recieved an e-mail today from a Robin Baku of networkrail he tells me that they are still in negociations with CCBC and Welsh assembly over funding so there is noway this project is starting in the spring as WE have been told .lies lies lies.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »
What a joke. Ridiculous that it has taken 17 years for a small project like this to get off the ground, especially in light of the many billions spent on the Olympics that will be of absolutely no benefit to North Wales.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:54 pm »
It puts the Alice trail into a new light doesn't it?

It starts at the railway station, (which will remain an eyesore) .... and misses out the West Shore which is where the main Alice artefacts should be, (because it too is embarrassing).

I wonder if those gentlemen might now reconsider their investment?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -