Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Steve Jobs
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:32 am »
Possibly the greatest post-war, technical visionary the world has seen.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:25:17 am »
iSad

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:25 am »
Certainly a massive loss, for both Apple and the world in general.

It's also a reminder of how important good health is. Very sadly, Mr Jobs' billions couldnt buy that.

‎"Here's to the crazy ones..Who think they can change the world..the ones who do." Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »
    I have found this news more than a bit upsetting. I am not particularly religious, nor superstitious, but this has made me think.

By coincidence I took my laptop into a computer shop today to have some work done on it. I looked at a computer in the library very briefly midday, I saw on Internet Explorer opening page his name and the years 1950 something---2011 , I knew he was ill, so I feared the worst. Clicked on it, but couldnt get any information.

This evening, my laptop returned, I clicked on Safari (my browser), straight away as I do ever day I clicked to news and then down to BBC news.  But it didnt come up, just of picture of Steve looking straight at me. Obviously I know Safari is from Apple and I had to force myself to close the page---but it came straight back up.  This happened three or four times until I noticed that my task bar at the bottom had BBC news on the left but then four times "Apple."  Hence Steves picture coming up all the time.

Strange.   I go to Safari every night, click news then BBC, this has never happened before. The laptop had been in the shop, dont know if that had anything to do with it.

But I can tell you I found it very difficult to press Delete four times on my taskbar to delete four pictures of Steve looking at me.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:59:07 am »
I clicked on Safari (my browser), straight away as I do ever day I clicked to news and then down to BBC news.  But it didnt come up, just of picture of Steve looking straight at me. Obviously I know Safari is from Apple and I had to force myself to close the page---but it came straight back up.

I suspect your home page had been reset to Apple - hence the pic of Jobs - and the reason it kept appearing was because the entire image was still downloading.  You can change the home page in prefs.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 11:37:19 am »
   Thanks, Ian, yes, I knew there was a technical explanation,  but   ----   but ------ his eyes fixed on mine, it did make me think.