Author Topic: Crime and criminals  (Read 243682 times)

Offline Paddy

Re: Crime and criminals
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »
Byron Davies has committed crimes in the past, and been ACQUITTED of a serious crime recently... but everyone can name him and demand that his head be cut off?

FWIW, I believe - and have said - that BD was treated very poorly, by being identified at the outset.  There's a rationale behind that approach (it's believed identification at the outset enables or encourages other victims to come forward) but I still think it's wrong. He was a public figure, however, and the facts will always emerge, as newspapers will always pay for that information and someone will happily commit their own little 'crime' in order to get the money.

In a similar vein, perhaps identification of the "victim" would encourage others who have been falsely accused to come forward.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 06:09:49 pm »
Another interesting case, this time the Whalley-Huws mortgage fraud:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7684861.stm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-12769447

It'll be interesting to follow this case and see if  the "Teflon"  is still working for someone.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:14 pm »
I liked this tweet from Robert Peston about the troublemakers in London yesterday...

"if the troublemakers really are anarchists, they must be confused - when were anarchists ever in favour of a bigger government & state?"

$elvis$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 03:51:14 pm »
If this e-mail is true the it says it all

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than
635 employees, but, has the following employee statistics..

29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
9 have been accused of writing bad cheques
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year

and

collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer
£92,993,748 in
expenses!!!

Which organisation is this?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons.

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed
to keep the rest of us in line.

What a bunch of bozos we have running our country

- it says it all...

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate'
pension scheme in the country!!

If you agree that this is an appalling state of affairs, please pass it
on to everyone you know

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 04:06:39 pm »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 05:35:04 pm »
I liked this tweet from Robert Peston about the troublemakers in London yesterday...

"if the troublemakers really are anarchists, they must be confused - when were anarchists ever in favour of a bigger government & state?"

$elvis$

very true!

in my day anarchists seemed much better organised than they are now  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 09:41:52 am »
On a bus yesterday, I overheard this conversation (as did everyone else on the bus as he wasn't exactly quiet) with a guy and his mate. The guy had just left the Court at Llandudno. Apparently, his case (not sure what he had been charged with) was at 10am but he had only bothered to show up at 11.30am and just given them some made up excuse about 'having to look after a flat for a friend'. He was thrilled because a Policeman was there to meet him, who was going to 'help him find a flat, stop the dole from deducting any money from him' etc. The Policeman had given him his phone number and told him to call him any time, 'even to go out for a pint'.

The greatest bit of all was that he owned his mate £10 but not to worry, because before he went to Court, he had gone into a shop in Llandudno and stolen two coats that he was going to sell to pay back his mate!

It just goes to show that trying to help people like that is pointless - they just take, take, take and have no concern for anyone other than themselves. From this guy's conversation, it was very clear that the Police were more interested in pandering to this little inadequate than actually seeing any justice being done.

gwil

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 01:04:46 pm »
From this guy's conversation, it was very clear that the Police were more interested in pandering to this little inadequate than actually seeing any justice being done.

Also of course, if this guy was so loose tongued on the bus then there's every possibilty that he is the same with the cop regarding others of the towns underbelly? Worth a few favours I suppose.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »
I seriously doubt that this little scroat had been invited for a pint with any police officer.

It will have been another of his little fantasies to make him seem big in the eyes of his mate.

He didn't mention what size these coats were did he Dave?  I was a bit chilly myself this evening...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »
He didn't mention what size these coats were did he Dave?  I was a bit chilly myself this evening...
They were Large, mate. Sorry.  :laugh:

Offline Paddy

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:48 am »
They were Large, mate. Sorry.  :laugh:

He'll grow into it!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 08:09:50 am »
 :laugh:

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:16 pm »
Has anyone been watching the programme Stangeways?  It quite an interesting show, however while watching tonight's episode I got the uncomfortable feeling that more and more mentally ill people  are ending up behind bars instead of proper facilities that could cater for their mental health issues.  It was clear that people are being held in prisons for a considerable length of time before being professionally assessed.  This not only ties up the prison staff who in some instances are not trained sufficiently to deal with such individuals.  I wonder how many have been dumped in prisons up and down the country due to the fact most of the high risk mental hospitals have long since been shut down.  As my friend Janet on facebook said If there was more mental health beds in N Wales maybe that poor woman wouldnt have been decapatated in Tenerife ,,
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 12:32:26 am »
Take a look at this story  (Merddin Emrys, I URGE you not to look at it, but you will)

What the hell is going on in Britain today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13616599

No doubt another police 'caution' or magistrates 'slap on the wrist' awaits the perpetrators...  I'm sick of it!!!!   :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:59 am »
Take a look at this story  (Merddin Emrys, I URGE you not to look at it, but you will)

What the hell is going on in Britain today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13616599

No doubt another police 'caution' or magistrates 'slap on the wrist' awaits the perpetrators...  I'm sick of it!!!!   :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

"Eighteen birds have been beheaded, a frog speared, fish poisoned and 130 windows smashed at a Manchester park.

The vandals broke into the aviary in Wythenshawe Park between 1630 BST on Saturday and 1000 BST on Sunday.

After beheading the birds, they threw the carcasses around. They then filled a pond with fertiliser, killing the carp. They also chopped down trees."

No doubt the lefty do-gooders will have an excuse for their behaviour....